SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally ordered a proper concealed carry pistol (P365) Sig factory IWB holster any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally ordered a proper concealed carry pistol (P365) Sig factory IWB holster any good? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I've got a 2-tone night sight P365 on the way. I've got some gift cards for Cabela's and I see the Sig factory kydex IWB holster. Does anyone know if it's any good?

Can't wait to try this one out. My daily carry has been a G23C in a MTAC and I've been desiring a proper sized carry pistol.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Congrats Tony! I think you're gonna love that little pistol. With a 12 rounder and a 15 rounder handy it is sweet. I have the SIG IWB kydex holster and have not had any issues. I usually carry it with the Raven Concealment Vanguard though.

Posts: 442 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Tony. Yeah, my daily carry has been the P365 for some time now. The SIG Kydex holster always felt cheap to me. I'm partial to the Comp-Tac Infidel Max. Excellent stuff.

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Congratulations, Tony. Yeah, my daily carry has been the P365 for some time now. The SIG Kydex holster always felt cheap to me. I'm partial to the Comp-Tac Infidel Max. Excellent stuff.

Does the Infidel work with the manual safety version?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend Vedder Light Tuck IWB. A minimalist Kydex, carries easily and very comfortable.
Vedder Holsters . com

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Does the Infidel work with the manual safety version?

Can't tell you, since I don't have the MS version.

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the Sig factory kydex isn't satisfactory, one place I'd recommend is PJ Holster. Have an IWB for my G19. Good quality, large number of options, great CS, fast delivery, will make mods.

https://pjholster.com/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Looking at maybe the CompTac UltraMax then. I like the leather option. I hate Kydex on bare skin. How does the P365 carry on the hip? Disappear well or is it best using appendix carry?

Tony.

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Thanks. Looking at maybe the CompTac UltraMax then. I like the leather option. I hate Kydex on bare skin. How does the P365 carry on the hip? Disappear well or is it best using appendix carry?

Tony.

I'm a very small guy and have no problems carrying it on the hip. Nobody will notice anything.

Q

Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
If the Sig factory kydex isn't satisfactory, one place I'd recommend is PJ Holster. Have an IWB for my G19. Good quality, large number of options, great CS, fast delivery, will make mods.

https://pjholster.com/

Great holster, company and person to deal with.
I have a PJ for my Glock 48 and love it. I'm not a big kydex fan either but it works and it's comfortable.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
The Sig factory IWB offering isn't the best. It's ok if you can get it for a good price. I picked mine up from the bargain cave at Cabela's for about half of what it retails for I think.

The only time I really use it, is for clipping into my sweats or shorts when I'm nearby the house and don't have a belt on.

I'm old school I suppose and still prefer leather, so my P365 primarily rides IWB in a Milt Sparks Summer Special or OWB in an Andrews belt holster.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If your pockets are deep enough, don’t rule out pocket carry. My 365 positively disappears in mine. Just be mindful that nothing else ever gets in there. Not so much as a gun wrapper. Or buy a kydex trigger guard holster if it’s a concern.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The factory ones are made by Blackpoint. They're a decent outfit. I grabbed the AIWB one for my 365 since I could have it in a day from Amazon. I found the quality to be acceptable but prefer the G Code INCOG for that role. Several of the other suggestions in here are good, too.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
I highly recommend Vedder Light Tuck IWB. A minimalist Kydex, carries easily and very comfortable.
Vedder Holsters . com

+1

I almost forget it’s there when carried at 4:00

Posts: 24 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
guy...

I’ve been using versacarry. Very comfortable iwb.

Posts: 10 | Registered: November 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll use the Cabela's gift cards and buy more mags. I've got $125 in gift cards and I see Bass Pro has mags in stock.

My pistol comes with two 10-round mags so I guess I can pick up three 12 round mags in the meantime.

How do the 12's work out when carrying? Should I stick with the 10's?

Tony.

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I like the 10 round with pinky extension, I have large hands and the extension allows for a better grip.

I carry in a Vedder Comforttuck IWB during winter or a Sticky SM-5 Small for summer pocket carry.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Well, I put my gift cards to good use and ordered three mags from bass pro. Looks like I’ll have five mags at the ready. Three tens and two twelves.

Pistol arrives today.

Tony.