SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pretty happy with the 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretty happy with the 1911 Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted

Now just waiting on some different grip screws. Thanks for all the suggestions on wood, etc. I really love how this one turned out. Just need to work on my photography skills. LOL The pic does not do justice to the grips.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I'm back on a 1911 kick and have been thinking of a commander size. I really like the front strap checkering and the undercut !!
Who did the work?

Chris

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
So, what are the grips?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Is that the Wiley Clapp edition?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's a Wiley Clapp. Checkering/undercut done by Pete Single (according to what I read). The grips are English Walnut burl, from Sarge's Grips.

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Well-done, looks nice!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I love my Clapp. Only thing I added was a GI short trigger and arched MS housing (I prefer them on all of my 1911's).

For the price I think they are excellent Commander's.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Well, Not a Commander but its one that really caught my eye and priced right.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Very very nice. Makes me want one.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's just about perfection right there...everything I'd want, nothing I don't. Beautiful pistol! How does it shoot?

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Those are some of the cleanest roll-marks I've seen on a modern stainless Colt. The grips are gorgeous!

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I have a second set from Raasco, can't decide which I like better. I'm waiting on some bead-blasted stainless grip screws to see how they look.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Ooooh those are nice......

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the matte stainless grip screws came in today...these'll do. Big Grin

Just gotta work on the photography skills now.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Looking good!

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Nice. I love wood handgun grips, especially on stainless.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pieces. I really like burled grips.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Now I want a solid black/blue one to see what looks good on it. Big Grin