SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    W. German P220 and a question (pic heavy)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

W. German P220 and a question (pic heavy) Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The case in the OP is the the gray plastic case that the SIG pistols came in from the factory (SIG Germany) around the mid-90s.

+1. The grey plastic case pictured in the OP became the standard P220 case sometime in 1994 - replacing the earlier grey, white & red two-piece foam lined cardboard box. The new plastic case shipped inside a flimsy, cardboard sleeve listing the model number, serial number & etc. on the end label. I have examined KE coded P220's with the cardboard box as well as the grey plastic affair. While there is a suitable compartment in the grey plastic case to house a cleaning kit, there is no evidence mid-1990's vintage P220 ever shipped with a factory cleaning kit. There have however been several accessory cleaning kits offered by SIG throughout the years.

Posts: 3501 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
My 89 P220 came with no such kit.

I bought it new in 89 in a blue cardboard box.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
There really isn't anywhere to put that kit inside the old school cardboard boxes.

Not much easier, if possible, to get it in the plastic one either.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post