SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 Owners - how much of a difference in grip modules?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 Owners - how much of a difference in grip modules? Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Asking owners of Sig P320's with different grip modules how much of a difference is there between the regular and small grip modules? I've been considering a P320 but the grip is making me a little weary. I can grip it, and it points naturally, I just don't feel like I have a secure grip on the gun. I'm just wondering if the smaller grip module might make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I changed to the small grip from the Medium in order to better reach the controls on the attached Laser/Light. And that did it. That said I found
the small grip did feel better.
One other thing I noticed between the original Medium and the replacement small one. The Polymer
finsh on the new smaller grip is much smoother.
When dragging a finger over the (find a flat area) the Polymer and then the smooth metal slide__hard to tell the difference. Very nice smooth Polymer.
I think you may well find the smaller grip feels
better.
G'luck
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I was like you with the stock medium grip. I could shoot it, but it just did not feel securely perfect. Once I went to the small, all is great. I cannot give you any actual measurement differences, as I just karma'd off my medium module. Even with the small, I was unable to reach the magazine release without shifting my grip (this is true for me on almost any pistol). Springer makes an extended mag release that is IDPA legal that I can hit with no shift.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went up a grip size, as the pistol was just not secure enough. This worked well, and I have been told most medium sized hands could use the size large.

What you might want to do is use a belt sander to flatten the sides of the grip, which reduces the overall circumference. Also I have some Talon grip tape coming, will try that this week.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I went up a grip size, as the pistol was just not secure enough. This worked well, and I have been told most medium sized hands could use the size large.
Yup. Except it only makes a larger compact pistol, larger.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I don't have the large, but I have medium and small. I like them both, but the small feels good. For my wife the small made the P320 her choice of pistol, the medium was just a little too big

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post