SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What do the women of Sig Forum feel comfortable shooting??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do the women of Sig Forum feel comfortable shooting?? Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
My wife has a P290RS and is deadly accurate with it.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bamaman:
My wife liberated my 225 from me years ago. thats what she mainly carries/shoots

I'm sorry, you have my condolences on your loss.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife will not shoot anything except the p238. It is the only pistole she can work the slide and tolerate the felt recoil. It is perfect for her and is geting proficient with it. I load and clean it. She does not.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My wife's duty weapon was a G22, and at the time her department converted, she bought a G27 as a backup. Now retired, she will not veer from the G27. I bought her a G17, but so far it sits still NIB and unfired. And I have seen her shoot the G27. She is deadly accurate with it.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
My wife loves revolvers. She has several. She used to shoot a FEG PJK-9HP but she likes revolvers. Scary accurate with any handgun.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife prefers my Kimber TLE/RL II.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The GF liked my Kahr k9 so much we had to get her one.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife loves the S&W 3913. So do I...but we only have one. I carry a Kahr!

"They keep telling me Jesus walked on water, well he should have surfed." -Ben Harper

Posts: 67 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has an M11 A-1 as her carry gun. She loves to shoot our new Dan Wesson A2 1911, and also enjoys our SS-framed 220. We also have 226 which she can shoot very well.
She has very strong hands from lifting weights, so she's got no issues with the heavy DA triggers on the M11/220/226.
I would feel comfortable handing her any of these in a moments notice, and she'd be good to go, especially considering the commonality between the Sig's, which is her favorite platform for when things get ugly.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
My wife used to shoot/carry a Beretta 86 for 2 to 3 years, but ultimately decided she wanted a caliber with more effective stopping power. She now carries a P239 and likes her Chiappa at the range as well.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Does anyone find it funny that 3/4 of these posts start with "My wife" and not "I"?

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several factors go into fit - more for someone who is strength limited.

Wife loves her P238, but in 380 she much favors G42 with which she is very accurate and used it to qualify for carry license.

For Bullseye, initial pistol (RO in 9mm) was much too heavy. At last match she fired a Colt LW Comander in 9mm and loves it. Just right for the 50 and 25 yard competition. It remains to be seen - as Winter arrives - if it also works well at 50 feet indoors. She shot a Mark IV Ruger 22/45 Lite for 22 stage. Her Victory even with lightweight barrel is too heavy for Bullseye.

For Bowling Pin competition (25 feet - six targets to hit in a few seconds) she uses the S&W Victory.

Went through a few pistols for IDPA. Shot well with a Springfield XDs 9mm 4" that had major re-manufacturing to produce a decent trigger and slide force. However, the very stiff mag button killed that - have to change mags quickly. What she now shoots very well in IDPA a 4" PPQ-M2 in 9mm. (Only it and a LC9s Pro arrive with reasonable triggers.)

Most pistols that she has tried are rejected because they are too difficult to rack. The Colt Light Weight Commander in 9mm seems to have found the right combination of recoil springs (note plural) both for smoothing recoil and for helping ease racking! However, the springs, I have found, need to be restrained with a cable-tie (or equivalent) while putting the slide back on the frame. I recall that the designer of 1911 used a spring something along the same lines.

Article in this month's Rifelman on the subject. Note that G42, PPQ and LC9s Pro were not included and some of the pistols I would not wish as a gift.

Again: fit is complicated.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ONLY guns my Old Lady will shoot, are her S&W MP15-22 rifle, and her S&W Model 27 revolver. She won't touch my 9mm's! And yes, she shoots Full House 357mags in the 27, Dead On too!

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone find it funny that 3/4 of these posts start with "My wife" and not "I"?

Just curious. How many members on this Forum are female??

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has been enjoying her 290RS and shoots it well.

Posts: 80 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: March 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:

The women are probably out shooting while the dudes are sitting in front of the computer!

"They keep telling me Jesus walked on water, well he should have surfed." -Ben Harper

Posts: 67 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My wife likes my S&W 360 in .38 special. I tried to steer her away from a snubby revolver due to the poor sights and nasty recoil, but thats the gun she always goes back to. She doesn't really like semi-autos, and my 3" SP101 is too heavy. I did recently pick up an SR22P for my son, and she seemed to like the feel of it...I'll probably be able to get her to try that.

She's right handed and left-eye dominant...a trait she has passed on to our daughter...so shooting a rifle is a real mess.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion is the fav....

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi! That is a loaded question (yes, pun intended) Razz

My first carry was an M&P 9C. Then I got a Glock 26 and she is my primary 95% of the time (appx 8 years now). I started competing in IDPA with her and I now compete with a 17 or 19 so the function is second nature for me. Purse tends to by my carry most times however I have several IWB holsters depending on where we are going and my dress.

For the days the 26 is too large I first will go to my 43 body or purse. If we are going out where I am dressed and need my tiny purse, the 42.

Exercising (walking my neighborhood) it is the Keltec P3AT because it has a belt clip that was attached/installed so no additional gear is needed and while it has a pretty heavy recoil for me I know it will function and I don't care if it gets sweaty.

Biggest thing for you wife is carry what you like to shoot and want to practice with. You can make just about any gun work, just need to know how to accessorize.

You may also want to look and see if any of your local ranges has a ladies day or event. I am the coordinator for an all ladies event at our range and we offer women the chance to shoot all different types of guns stationary shooting and action style for one price. It allows the ladies to try things they would never think of trying in a peer based, more relaxed environment. Last year we had 367 women!

Best of luck - let us know what she decides. Smile

Bonnie

Posts: 21 | Location: Central FL South of the Mouse | Registered: July 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post