SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What do the women of Sig Forum feel comfortable shooting??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do the women of Sig Forum feel comfortable shooting?? Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
We met some friends over the weekend and his wife mentioned she was going to get a CCP and she loves the Glock19 she just bought over the .38 snubby she used to own.Recoil was less,easier to shoot,better accuracy etc. Well it got my wife thinking, I bought her a Taurus 85 years ago that I had a trigger job done,barrel ported and smoothed the trigger face and put a different grip on it.She's got that bug in her head and I'll probably take her to a range that rents multiple options. But what are the wives liking?strictly defensive, probably never carry on her,maybe a bag or something like that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
My wife went from a Glock 26 to a M&P Shield some years ago and has no regrets.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
Carry: MP shield 9mm. Range: Glock 19 9mm. I am thinking about starting to use the Glock as my carry gun. I'm most accurate with it and I've changed a few things on it. If only it was easier to conceal.

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
My wife claimed my 5" PPQ. It fits her hands better than it did mine, and it's easy to manipulate the slide and controls.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My wife loves revolvers. It is a matter of what she is used to, but she doesn't like the empties being ejected by semi-auto pistols. It is a little silly, but there you go.

But semi-auto shotguns don't bother her.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
My daughter likes my SigPro 2022 for home and my 938 for carry. Wives of my friends carry either a Springfield 4" EMP 1911 9mm, Smith & Wesson Model 60 with .38+P, Ruger LCR .357 with .38+P or a Ruger LCP .380.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My wife is a great shot with her little S&W Model 60.
Only semi-auto I've had in her hands that she liked was a G19, she was far more accurate with it than I was. Likely too big for her to carry though.

She was not a fan of my dad's .40 P239.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of manac
posted Hide Post
My wife picked a P239 SAS 9mm.
She shoots it really well.
She tried a lot of guns, S&W 380 bodyguard, 2" 38 revolver,
P238, P938, among others.
P239 was heavy enough to help with the recoil and small enough for her hand.

Posts: 18 | Location: NH | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My sister carries a Glock 27, .40 Shield, and a Colt Defender in .45 ACP.
She doesn't like anything in any smaller calibers.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
My wife carries (when she does choose to carry) a 238 HD.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
My wife rotates between 3, her SIG P226 Legion 9mm SAO, her Kimber CDP .45 and her STI VIP in .45. Yes, she likes single action and yes she can shoot all of them with acceptable accuracy.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife has a LCR .38 now, but will be migrating to a Glock 42 when funds allow.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am comfortable shooting most firearms I have tried at this point. In terms of home defense, I'd probably go with a Remington 870 in 12 gauge. As far as the range, my favourite at the moment is my Springfield Armory 1911 TRP Operator Full Rail. I'm Canadian, so sadly carry is not an option.

I am not particularly fond of revolvers, and I despise Glocks.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
My wife qualified for her CCW with a Ruger SP-101 using .38 Special Target loads. She dislikes revolvers because of her reduced grip strength, and after trying several makes/models decided on the Sig P238. She has one in her purse and keeps another one by the bed.

She refuses to even try another pistol. She shoots the P238 very well, and that's all she cares about.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my daughters loves me Sig 229. I bought her her own in 9mm and she's doing quite well with it. My other daughter prefers my Glock 22, doesn't seem to bothered by the .40 recoil. I suppose when the time comes, I'll get her either a 17 or 19 of her choosing. My wife doesn't shoot Frown

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Since the mid-80s, my wife has carried daily. The guns have changed over the years, to name a few: S&W Model 38 Nickle Bodyguard, S&W 3" Ladysmith .38, Stainless Colt Ofc's Model .45 ACP, SIG P228, SIG P230, HK P7M8, Kahr K9, T9, and P9, Glock 19, and since 2005 a Glock 26.

She has owned numerous other guns - range guns, training guns, competing guns, etc... but the above ones were carry guns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
My wife carries a bodyguard 380 or occasionally an LC9.

Her shooting preferences are
Glock 19
Xds
SIGPro SP2022
P239

Hated P226,229,220, P30

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife took possession of my P239 in 9mm after I retired it and the pistol is now her EDC. Up until that point she has been carrying a Px4 Compact which she still owns but it has been relegated to range trips and SHTF events.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
My wife likes the chiappa rhino, PX4 compact, and the Remington 870 in 12 gauge.

She is not a fan of rifles.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bamaman
posted Hide Post
My wife liberated my 225 from me years ago. thats what she mainly carries/shoots

Posts: 500 | Location: N.E. Alabama | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post