SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did I read that new Walther PPQ M2s are having issues?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I read that new Walther PPQ M2s are having issues? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I’ve been searching but can’t find anything (which may be my answer) that supports a concern about current Walther PPQ M2 9mm 4” reliablity and factory response. Am I dreaming or not? I debating between a PPQ and VP9sk and I’m like my daughters at the shoe store as to which one I should get.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Check the PPQ forum at the Weather Forums. Short answer: Yes to both questions. You may or may not regard them as show-stoppers. I did, which is why my PPS M2 will likely be my last Walther.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have also read of current issues.

My P99, P99c and PPS M1/classic have been fantastic though.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I check into the Walther forum daily and have not read about any reliability issues with the 9MM PPQ M2 4 inch barrel.

I did read about a couple of owners of the Q5 Match having an issue with dead trigger a few months back but nothing about the regular PPQ M2.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had recent PPQ M2 that was totally unreliable. All sorts of failures. HK VP9sk is a lot better option, or CZ P-10c in the same size.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The 45AUTO version has had reported issues with the material quality of their barrels. Haven't heard much in the way of problems with the 9mm and 40S&W versions. Cracks and cratering have been documented with 45 barrels, yet Walther claims that "it's normal". That's the MOST annoying part of the debacle; a company that won't stand behind its product.

Thank you Umarex. Supporting your big boy guns just like you do with your airsoft tripe.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hessy2000:
lot better option...CZ P-10c in the same size.

Not if you're Omaha Outdoors....

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
lot better option...CZ P-10c in the same size.

Not if you're Omaha Outdoors....

There are quite a few individuals having problems with the P10Cs too, various bizarre problems and even part breakages such as ejector. There are multiple threads on GT where they have posted pictures or described issues and other forums the same. YT video on broken ejector

HK VP9 and VP9SK are solid pistols as HK seems to be one of the few that does not use the shooting public as beta testers these days.

I have not read much about the PPQ 45 barrels lately and they did not cause a reliability problem and as far as I remember and not an accuracy problem either but I can understand how one would be not happy seeing what appears to be a pitted barrel.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had recent PPQ M2 that was totally unreliable. All sorts of failures. HK VP9sk is a lot better option, or CZ P-10c in the same size.

What was the serial number range and was Walther not able to fix under warranty? I like the HK VP9 which has been a rock solid pistol and other HK pistols but personally would take a pass on the P10C until not so many issues are being reported by owners.

posted Hide Post
What exact problems have been reported with the ppq m2 4"? The only thing i recall ever hearing, is some report having issues with the inside of barrel pitting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dpadams6,

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Based upon your infinite wisdom, I presume.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
Not sure about what's being said on the forums, but I can offer my own personal experience:

I have a PPQ M2 and a recent PPQ M2 Navy, as well as a recent production PPQ M1 - all have been completely reliable throughout, several hundred rounds through each and steadily climbing.

I run the living shit out of my older M2, with the newer M2 Navy and newer M1 close behind.

Never had an issue.

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:
What exact problems have been reported with the ppq m2 4"? The only thing i recall ever hearing, is some report having issues with the inside of barrel pitting.

Apparently people posting here who have never owned a 4 inch barrel PPQ just remember reading about something somewhere and the one person who claims he owned one did not elaborate exactly what was causing the problem or what Walther's warranty response was.

I am an active member of the Walther Forum and don't recall ready about ANY reliability problems with the 4 inch barrel PPQ other than the rare occasion where a forum member has some sort of a reliability problem that Walther resolves for them under Warranty support. Now the Walther CCP, which is not made in the ULM plant with the PPQ and P99, is an unreliable pistol.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:

Apparently people posting here who have never owned a 4 inch barrel PPQ just remember reading about something somewhere and the one person who claims he owned one did not elaborate exactly what was causing the problem or what Walther's warranty response was.

I am an active member of the Walther Forum and don't recall ready about ANY reliability problems with the 4 inch barrel PPQ other than the rare occasion where a forum member has some sort of a reliability problem that Walther resolves for them under Warranty support. Now the Walther CCP, which is not made in the ULM plant with the PPQ and P99, is an unreliable pistol.

I own a Walther PPS M2, a PPQ .45 ACP, a PPk, and a CCP. Only the later is problematic and IMHO its because the design itself is terrible. The other pistols have proven to be accurate, reliable, and well built. Why Walther continues to offer the CCP baffles me. The ridiculously complex take down and reassembly process alone marks this pistol as a failure at the most basic level.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Thx all. My PPQ M2 in 40 has been great but it's about 4 years old. I wanted one in 9mm if there were no issues. I'll double check the Walther forum.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
My PPQ classic 9mm is about four years old with several hundred rounds down the pipe.
Never had any failures to feed, fire or eject.
Great ergos and trigger.
Can't speak to the M2 iteration though.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
'Classic' here, no problems. I'm not in the market for an M2.

My 'go to' gun will likely stay with H&K, the P2000SK as a favorite.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
PPQ M2,and PPS M2here. No problems with mine at all. PPQ M2 is my goto range toy.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
My PPQ classic 9mm is about four years old with several hundred rounds down the pipe.
Never had any failures to feed, fire or eject.
Great ergos and trigger.
Can't speak to the M2 iteration though.

My M1 has been rock solid as well; no signs of any defects or flaws at roughly 900 rounds through it. Haven't shot it much this past year and a half, though. Blame it on my VP9.

posted Hide Post
Wife shoots PPQ-M2 9mm 4" in IDPA and it has not given her any problems in many 1000s of rounds. [Well, as long as primers are well seated!] I have also fired my own PPQ-M2 a few hundred rounds without any issues. Only thing done is to experiment with different recoil springs. Most striker-fired 9mm on market (such as P320) need a lot of work. PPQ-M2 9mm stock is ready to go.
The new Q4 (yes Q4) looks interesting for IDPA even without red-dot sight because of slightly longer barrel and fully, click adjustable rear sight.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post