SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne *** Login/Join 
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
Please add me in. I never served but many in my family have. My dad, sister and brother in law were all Navy. My mom is the youngest of 10. 7 boys and 3 girls. 6 of the boys were in the military. The lone holdout is a preacher. My mom's oldest brother served in WWII. He was a pow in the Pacific Theater. I had a cousin that served in Vietnam and he has his name on the Wall. Thanks to all that serve and have served.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Please include me for my son, active duty Navy and currently assigned to CVN77. He is 4th generation in the family to serve. I was active duty Army 84-91, my dad was AAF in WWII and my grandfather was Army in WWI. Also had an uncle who served in WWI in the German Army. Multiple other family members have served in peacetime and war.

Below is a picture of us with our son on his ship on Christmas day.

Thank you for your consideration and your generosity.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the opportunity.

Served in the Army National Guard, U.S. Air Force, and rounded it out with Air National Guard.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. USMC From 1986-1990.

Here is one of my stories.

When I joined the delayed entry program, in high school, I was skinny as a rail. I am 5ft 11 and at the time the minimum weight requirement (for my height) was 123 lbs. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. I took the physical, to ship out to boot camp, about 6 or 7 times. Each time I failed for being to skinny. Then finally on 28August1986 I passed, and made weight. There was a Gunny down at the place and he was like "Congrats, you finally passed. When do you want to go to boot camp?" I said that I wanted to go right then, that if I had to come back and take the physical again I probably would fail again. He said "Let me see what I can do"

I few hours later I called my mom from the air port. I told here that I had finally passed my physical and was going to go to bootcamp. She asked when I was leaving. I told her that it was in about an hour! This sent her into a whirlwind. She was running around, trying to get ahold of my dad so they could come to the airport to see me off. They made it out just in time. I saw them again a few months later when I graduated.

As a side note, to be being so skinny. One day in boot camp we were doing our nightly routine. Lined up at the end of our racks for a roll call. The Drill Instructor comes up to me (standing there at attention in my underwear and shaved head) and says "Jesus Christ Smith! With that hair cut and that body, you look like Jew in a freaking concentration camp!!!!" And people say DIs aren't funny Smile

Thanks

Posts: 2221 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I’ll take a shot at this one.

USNA 85’

USS IOWA 86’ - 89’

NSCS Athens, GA 89’ - 91’

Reserves - NCHB-1, Knoxville, TN det

My dad was US Army Corps of Engineers out of the Presidio during the Korean War. He surveyed deep into Alaska.

Granddad was US Army during WW1. He was a motorcycle messenger running around behind the front lines.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Grandfather was in the infantry, he was with Pershing’s Punitive Expedition dealing with Pancho Villa, though he stayed this side of the border, he eventually made lieutenant and was on a troop train heading for the coast to be sent overseas when the armistice was signed. Father was in the navy, he was at Bikini Atoll for some of the nuke tests. Mom had a couple of cousins that were in the Bataan Death March, she said you couldn’t get them to speak of it. I have a crossed sabres device, so someone in the family had served in the cavalry, however I don’t know who. Not military, exactly, however I had an uncle who served in the Merchant Marine during the war. They were some pretty brave guys to do what they did without the ability to shoot back.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this most generous karma! I am a Marine, my wife was an Army Nurse, and our son was a Navy Corpsman.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
Thank you! My wife and I are both Army veteran's (she retired).

My son is currently serving in the Air Force!

Thank you again, your generosity is truly unmatched.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Served 27 years, retired 4 years ago and still miss it. My son is now serving.
Spent 3 years in Iraq, time in Bosnia, participated in Panama Just Cause and Desert Shield/Storm.
Carried an M11 (Sig 228 for 6 years while in) never failed me.
My Beretta failed me twice. 1st time during German Military Efficiency Badge Competition, barrel lug blew off. 2nd time trigger spring blew through the plastic grips and landed in my thumb.
Sig 228 is a great pistol, thank you for your giving spirit.

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Served 13 1/2 yrs in the Navy Thanks for the chance.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Please count me in Q! Air Force and Reserves ‘73-‘80!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rlex
posted Hide Post
Count me out.

Good luck to my fellow veterans.

Thank you.

Retired US Naval Officer - Surface Warfare

Posts: 34 | Location: VT | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
As always, awesome karma. I served in the Marine Corps, 1988-1994. Persian Gulf vet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Another thanks for your generosity.
I’m a slacker but my dad was in the 32nd Division in the Pacific in WW2 for 2 1/2 years and lived to (not) talk about it.
Had several others in the family in the big one. A grandfather in WW1 right at the end and later in WW2.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun! USN 1993-2013, Naval Aviator.

Trying to look good....

...and at the office

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
awesome dude!
Count me in.
USMC 2000-2004

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. I did not serve, but had a grandfather in WW I, two uncles in WW II, my father was stationed in Germany post-WW II in the Army, and my brother served 20 years in USMC as a helicopter pilot. Thanks for your generosity!

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
Air Force active duty and now Air National Guard. Thanks for the Karma!

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’d like to throw my hat in for this one please. Just a Cold War Veteran from the 101st Airborne 1/327th Infantry Regt. 11B and 11C M224 60mm mortar gunner. Had the pleasure of training in Panama Jungle Operations Training Center a little before the conflict. The barracks there at Ft Sherman can be seen in the background in the James Bond film Quantum Of Solace during the boat chase scenes.

Grandfather awarded the Bronze Star as enlisted Airborne Armored Infantry around the Ardennes.

His two brothers also fought there and one is buried in Luxembourg at the National Cemetary.

Two uncles served in Vietnam, one Navy and one Infantry (also 11C). Four additional uncles are Veterans. My father served four years in Kosovo as CIVPOL with Dyncorp.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in!
Alabama Army National Guard 89-99.
20th SFGA.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post