SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne ***
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne *** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
If you have served or are serving, or if you have family member(s) who did/do the same, you are eligible. Thank you all for your service and sacrifices.
Winner will be picked on Memorial Day. Good luck.

Not a requirement, but, any pics and/or stories you care to share would be appreciated. Cool

The P228: KC (1992) date coded Swiss police trade-in, triple serial numbered, with German and Swiss proof marks. I had the slide re-blued by SIG in August 2014, and they also threw in the new SIGLITE for free. So, the tritium is still very bright. It will come with a manual, no test target, and 2x "high cap" mags, in the gray plastic SIGARMS case.

*** WINNER = maxwayne ***

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. US Army, both active and reserve duty. My wife served in the Army reserve as well and my father in the Army during the Korean War.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I never had the pleasure. 1x Uncle served in Vietnam, Lost another that never came home. Grand Father served in France in WW2, x2 cousins in Desert Storm. If allowed count me in.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Your generosity is off the charts! Please include me. My uncle Kurt was killed in North Africa in WWII. My dad served in the late 50's and early 60's, and my daughter is nearing the end of her second hitch. Just this past weekend, she spent some time on the range with a SAW.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Very nice karma. Please count me in. My dad served in Vietnam back in the mid 60's and I had several great uncles in WWII.

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 1693 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Family member: My uncle was captured in the Pacific during WW-2 and was a POW. He did make it home safely.

I was USN 1956 - 1960, and USNR 1960 - 1962.

Please include me in this terrific karma.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Please include me...

Here's a pic of me during some desert training back in the mid 90's some time. It was a different world.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of losvaqueros
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1813 | Location: Mid Tenn | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. That is a beautiful firearm that I would be proud to win!. US Army 1964-1985.

2 tours of duty in Viet Nam. (1st) 1965-1967, Scout/2nd Battalion/2nd Infantry/ 1st Infantry Division.

(2nd) 1970-1971 Scout, 1st Battalion 77th Armor 5th Infantry Division

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Count me in, riding the coattails of gramps.

WWII:

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I'd like a shot sir.

I never served. I went the LEO route out of high school/college, but my old man severed in the US Army Reserve and retired in 2012 at the rank of Captain.

He was an RN and was deployed twice. First was in Desert Storm. Dad was one of the staff that responded to the scene after a Scud missile was shot down and landed on the barracks. Back then, you just couldn't text your old man and say "are you alright dad", I had to wait on a letter for weeks from him to tell me he was ok. I remember him telling me about OKC bombing a few years later. He was working at the VA (about 1 mile away) when it went up. Said the scene was very close to how chaotic it was in the Gulf. I only wonder if he was supposed to be there in 1991, so he could help again in 1995. Dad lost a good friend over there in that attack. Dad kept his bible and gave it to me when he returned. I need to dig it out. It was a pretty cool thing to see.

I'll dig mine out this evening if I can find it, but it looked like this:

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vietnam '70-'71

Thanks for the chance!!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
Please count me in, US Army 1988-1992 and my dad was US Army 1956-1986.

Thank you!

Posts: 2433 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I just retired after 33 years active USCG. My father is a Vietnam veteran (USAF helicopter air rescue crew). My grandfather was WWII U. S. Army infantry. My great-grandfather was killed in WWI. My son is currently in the USCG Reserve.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My people have served throughout our history.

I am grateful that most of it was by choice, or with willingness.

And I share the honor of my "brothers and sisters" for you gracious gift, this time and in the past.

Please do not include me, but I just had to offer my humble appreciation for your generosity.

And I am glad you are my American brother, more than words could ever convey, and it makes the cost of a terrible war, worth the sacrifice.

"... to save a single life is as if one saved the entire world."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’d like an opportunity on behalf of my wife (USN), father (USN), and 2nd oldest son (USMC, AF reserves), and the many other family members who served.

Thanks for your generosity!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I would qualify. My daddy and his brothers were all WWII, Great Grandpa Civil War (Southern side) then more back to the 1700's. after they came from Germany.
I'm the last Veteran in the family it ends with me no more kids. I was Vietnam Era Army.

Q don't enter me it wouldn't be right I've already been blessed by your kindness.

It would be something Memorial Day is my birthday and the day Audie Murphy died 28 May 1971

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Great karma!
I served from 83-89, USN.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love that OR.
O-NG 1969-1975. Fort Lewis Wash. May 1969-Oct 1969

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Thank you kindly- please consider me.

Many in my family are veterans, some still serving.

Some of the ones that served:

Great Uncles- Navy WWII, cousin Navy WWII lost on USS Arizona during Pearl Harbor Attack, Dad- Gator Navy in Korea, his brothers, one Army MP, one Special Forces, uncles Navy and Army, cousins Army (4), brother Navy Boomer submarines, me Navy Fast Attack submarines (75-80).

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post