SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne *** Login/Join 
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Please add me.

I feel like "Beetle Bailey" in our family. I made it to Spec 4 in the National Guard in the early sixties. My brother retired a staff sergeant, his youngest is presently a major. My sister had two boys graduate from the Air Force Academy, one married an Academy grad and has a daughter presently in the Academy, another son, a retired naval officer.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2083 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USMC 1991-1999. This one would be cool since it was born while I was serving.
Please include me.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dusty3030,

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
I would like to enter your very fine karma.
Army 3/'71-3/'73

http://6thbattalion56thartille...6th_ADA_Germany.html

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me.

I did not serve. Dad was a signalman in the Navy, serving on a troop transport ship in the Pacific. His ship was heavily used in the battle of Okinawa.

My uncle was part of the Normandy landings, second wave IIRC. He never talked much about it. My aunt said his experience was pretty gruesome and he just wanted to let it pass.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Please include me for my Father. He was drafted into the Army during Vietnam and was an M60 gunner. It would go directly to him.

Thankfully he was able to get out in one piece to be a loving husband to my mother and father to me and my brothers.

Though I have never served, the discipline that he picked up from the military was passed to his children and made us the successes that we are today.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice Karma, thank you.

One brother served Army and Reserves retiring LTC, another brother Air National Guard and I was Army National Guard finishing as 1LT.

I am in for the Karma

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
US Army 1987-1991; exited just after Desert Storm.

Both parents and both brothers served as well. Working for Dept of Defense now since 2008.

Thanks for the opportunity so please count me in.

Here I am (center) on W Germany Border patrol circa 1987 (edited).

1988 by P W, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Augen,

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very generous karma! There are many worthy veterans and servicemembers that deserve Receiving your karma. Though Not in the military service, I have served my country. Congratulations to the eventual winner and thank you for your service!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love a chance at this and thanks!
US Army 1986 - 1994

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Wow Q, another P228! Please count me in. I served, as did my Dad, Uncles, niece, nephew, son-in-law, and others back to the Revolutionary War.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
Q,

Please add me in. Very Generous

USGC 1979-1983

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sj4550,

Posts: 376 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
I've never served, but my grandfather and both of his brothers served in WWII. I'd actually love to win this for a customer of mine who is a Vietnam vet.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to be included... and thank you for such an awesome thing!

Served US Navy 2009-2015 USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) - Fire Controlman with also Gunner's Mate/Master-at-Arms duties assigned. Was ship's armorer for 3 of my 5 years including qualifying on the M11 since small arms instructors were still required to teach it. Definitely the most fun I had on a range day!

Posts: 9 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: April 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I wish I had gone the same route as my brother who has 13.5 years in the Navy as of now. Would you please throw my name in the hat for my brother? Thank you to all that have served or are currently serving, and to Q for offering such a generous karma.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's incredibly generous.

US Army vet, Combat Engineer, '96-'00. Went back as a contractor after 9/11, '03-'05 with DynCorp.

Third continuous generation of my family to serve, with WW2, Korea, and "Cold War" conflict all represented.

Posts: 139 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
So very generous. Please count me in.
20+ years USAF and Texas Air National Guard retired. Mobile Communications (Secure Comm).
And I am a Honorary Crewmember of the USS Enterprise CVN-65, courtesy of my brother who got me on a "Tiger Cruise".

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Very nice karma. Please add my name.

I was honored to serve in the USMC from 1986 to 1994 doing my dream “job.” I was fortunate enough to fly the AV-8B Harrier in the “Fleet” and finished my last two years as an Advanced Strike flight instructor flying the TA-4 Skyhawk. LOTS of stories - too many to go into now. But a couple of pics from back in the day:

1. Right after my final flight

2. A “selfie” before they were popular (yes, the picture is upright as you can see from earth and sky reflected in visor)

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful pistol.

If it is acceptable, I would like to put my name in on my father's behalf.

He was drafted in 1969 and did a tour in Vietnam with 1st ID. After his tour was up he went back to NYC and realized that A) he didn’t like the woman he had married before shipping out and B) he'd rather be back in the jungle than live with her in NJ so he re-enlisted and asked to be sent back to Vietnam (only to be sent to Germany instead). He did another twenty years in the army including assignments with the 101st Division and 18th Airborne Corps and retired in 1992.

I just paid for his concealed carry permit and have been trying to figure out what to do about a carry gun for him.

Thank you for your generosity!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DrewR,

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Q. Lots of family members have served. I remember dressing up in my dads uniform as a kid and loved the hat.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USMC Reserves 77-83 . I would love to be considered for a P228, but I am sure there are many more deserving. My grampa was a bugler in WW1 and I had three uncles in WW2 or Korea.

Thank you to all those who serve

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post