SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne ***
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne *** Login/Join 
Picture of bamaman
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the very nice Karma!
I served for over 35 years in the Air Force.
Please count me in!

Posts: 500 | Location: N.E. Alabama | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Please add my name to the list.

USAF 1980 - 1989.

Thank you Sir for the generous offering.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Count me in, please. US Army 2008-present.

Great picture I took of one of our Soldiers pulling security in the morning. The guy standing is Afghan National Army. And yes, he's wearing a beret. This is from OEF X-XI in Logar Province, it was a very violent AO we were in. We suffered 11 KIA but inflicted many more. Two things stand out about this deployment: bin Laden being killified and Extortion 17 being shot down.

When Extortion 17 was shot down, our BN sent a platoon and a team to the Tangi Valley where they were involved in what was basically a 5 day long gun fight.

When bin Laden was killed, my company commander sent me over to the ANA compound to "see what's up" and I proceed there with an interpreter. Being surrounding by ANA when their homeboy was killed was probably not a place many people would want to be. One of the ANA company commanders said that we can go fight in Pakistan together, he mentioned he fought the Russians when they were in Afghanistan. Their Battalion commander asked me if I really thought bin Laden was dead since they didn't show the body.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in.
USN 1984-2013.
My oldest son: USA 2017-?
Father: USA 1968-1991.

Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in Army Res 11b 1987-1995.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
please count me in - also riding coat tails of relatives.... my grandfather and father.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
Wow. Please count me in. Parents are both retired from the Navy. My oldest brother retired as an E-9 in the Navy as well. His oldest son (my nephew) just made it Lt. aboard USS George Bush, he even have a few pictures with President George Bush, SR and Barbara Bush. My Uncles are all pretty much retired USN. I wish I still have a way to post photos.

Thanks again for this beautiful Karma.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
Please include me. My dear gramps was an Air Force vet during Vietnam.

Thanks!

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too, 31K 91-94 Camp Stanley S Korea and Ft. Stewart GA.

Posts: 86 | Location: Tx | Registered: July 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geebo
posted Hide Post
count me in. My daughter served 9 years in the Navy and is still active reserves.

Posts: 32 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: March 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in thanks.

Army National Guard in Minnesota. No wartime deployments graduated AIT the day the 1st ground war started. Got out when work was to much to balance.

Thank you for the Opportunity.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
I served in the Marines from 98-00. My feet gave out and I got out on a medical. My wife's grandfather was a radio operator on Kwajalein during WWII. My dad's brothers were both Air Force officers, and my brother-in-law is currently in the Army National Guard. Several cousins have served also.
So you could say we have a military tradition in my family. Smile

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add my name to your gracious drawing. I’m a retired Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman with 24 years of service (1990-2014). My brother and I retired on the same day 4 years ago. My wife as well as a second brother are Veterans and I currently have a BIL on active duty in Texas. To finish things off, Dad is also a Navy veteran. We are a military family.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandfather's brother served (I have the Japanese battle flag/telescoping bamboo pole and binoculars he brought home from the Pacific), my father served during Korea, I served (10th SFG(A)), and my son was commissioned a few weeks ago as a US Army 2nd Lieutenant.

My son asked me to give him his first NCO salute at his commissioning.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me. Grandfather, Father, Uncles, Brother all Navy vets. Father also retired from Mich Nat. Guards. I am A USMC vet with a couple years in the Guards. Son in law is currently a 2nd Lt in the Army Reserve. Son is currently in the Guards, as well as the ROTC program at a local university studying criminal justice in hopes of becoming a law enforcement officer...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
US Army Vietnam 50 years ago. Thank you so much and I appreciate your kindness.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U.S. Army enlisted, 1967-1971 Nam & Korea. Went to college on GI bill and ROTC program, served as officer from 1981-2003.

Your posts on Sigs are amazing and totally informative.

Posts: 92 | Location: Dallas \ Ft Worth | Registered: September 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in and thanks for the outstanding Karma!

I joined the US Air Force just a couple of weeks out of high school, and have been with it ever since. My dad served over 20 years in the Coast Guard and Air Force and both my grandfathers fought in Europe during WWII.

Happy Memorial Day to all who served, no matter where or for how long.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DaBull,

P220 (.45)
P225
P226 (9mm)
P228
P229 (.40)
P365
P6
SP2022 (9mm & .40)

"...it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." - Clarence Worley in True Romance

Posts: 375 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
12131, thanks for yet another amazingly generous karma. Please include me. U.S Marines 1999-present.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eclayton,

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will try a chance at this wonderful karma from a great member. I was USN from '76-'80, my father was USN in the mid 1950's, and my uncle was USAF in the early 1960's.

Thank you very much Q for a shot at this.

Tom

Posts: 166 | Location: South Bend, IN | Registered: November 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post