SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne ***
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 **KARMA** for military folks (past and present): *** WINNER = maxwayne *** Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you for a chance at this generous Karma.

I was fortunate to serve in peacetime; '92-'95 with the 3ID in Germany.

As a peacetime unit, we had a few funny things happen; mostly out of boredom or stupidity.

A couple that come to mind;

Soldier goes out on a field problem for a couple of weeks with his unit. His girlfriend, in another unit stays home. When he returns, she is frisky and he is tired. He downs a six pack and goes to bed. She, deciding that he is useless decides to pleasure herself with a 12 inch rubber dong. Her gyrations and exclamations wake him up, and he proceeds to beat her with said dong. Police are called and predictable hilarity ensues.

A friend of mine was a particularly aggressive infantry LT., and a Bradley platoon leader. At Hohenfels, he leads his platoon across a muddy field in a charge. The field had previously been used to dig defensive pits for Abrams tanks. The defiles had been filled, but because of the rain and mud, they were basically quicksand. He hit one with his Brad, sunk it to the hatches, and had to be pulled out by M-88. Same field problem, he leads his platoon across a field dotted with patches of grass and smooth snow. Except is not smooth snow, it's a swamp and the snow patches are thinly frozen open water. "CRASH" through the ice. Bradley crew had to exit through the turret hatch because the rest of the vehicle was under water. That took an M-88 and M1 Abrams pulling in tandem to get him out.

For the rest of his career, he was known as "The Submarine Commander"

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
My Dad served during WW11. Lost an Uncle in Vietnam. Please count me in.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Please include me. 101st Airborne 1962 - 1964.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
My Dad -Air Force
Me - Air Force and Army
Son 1 - Air Force
Son 2 - Navy

I would like to win!

What a very generous gift

Thank you

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Army, here!Thanks fr the chance!

Posts: 128 | Location: somewhere in the lower great lakes | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
US Army, ( Retired ) 68J, ( later 15J ) Aircraft Armament/Avionics/Electrical systems repairer, June 1990 to September 2013.

Thank you once again for your extremely generous Karma! Please count me in!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Please include me in your generous karma.

USMC 1978-1985

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sgtbrock
posted Hide Post
USN here served from 1961 to1981

Posts: 15 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I'm the one with the pig.
USA 1982-83
USAR 1985-1994
NYARNG 2006-2013

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in. US Army 86-95.

Patrick

Posts: 29 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: April 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Wow! 12131 must have more P228s than he knows what to do with. Please add my name in the karma,

US Navy 1999-2003.

It might take me longer than memorial day to scrounge up some pictures, some good ones anyways.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1194 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Your generosity is amazing. Please enter me in the karma.

I served in the Marines on active duty from 97-01. I never saw combat and I never left the U.S. That didn't keep our commanders from coming up with dumb ass games to play. This is from a day when they decided we should get used to working in our MOPP gear. I was a radio repairman so I spent the entire day trying to troubleshoot radios while in my uncomfortable suit behind my gas mask and trying to solder small components with those stupid rubber gloves on. We also got some funny looks at the chow hall that day.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Wonderful generosity -- don't count me in (USCGR RM '82-'88), but I would like to acknowledge my mother's father (who died before I was born), who enlisted in the Army in 1917, but the Armistice was signed before he shipped out, and my dad -- he dropped out of school to enlist in the Navy at the start of the Korean War. He was on a mine-sweeper at Pusan to clear it before the Marines went in. The rest of his time, he was skipper of a patrol boat at the mouth of Sasebo Bay. My grandad told me that they had to sent the SPs after him when his tour was up because he didn't want to leave the village he had set up camp in. After college, he made a career as a Navy civilian oceanographer.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous karma!

Active Duty Army, 2010-present!

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list!

I did not serve and if selected, the gun will not be mine.

History:
My grandfather was a 1LT in the US Army and served in France during WW1.
My father was in the US Army Air Corps during WW2.
They are both deceased.

My son is a CAPT in the US Army, currently at Ft. Stewart with the 3rd ID.
And my stepson is a USMC Lance Corporal at New River MCAS.
The SIG would go to one of them.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
Wow, Cool karma!
I'm an Army Veteran 02-06 with the 1st I.D.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sir are one of a kind. I have several uncles who served in WWII and Korea. I only wish I had the means to contribute as you do. I do not wish to be included.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the truth will set you free
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
I’m not eligible (all my military family have passed, but I just wanted to say what a great karma this is. Huzzah. Also thanks to whomever wins!

Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Wow...please count me in, I have had 4 P228s and really miss not having one now. Active Army 93-97 and reserve until 2003.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Another very generous karma! Please count me in.

USAF from '70 to '74.

Many thanks!!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post