SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magpul G26 magazines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul G26 magazines Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I purchased a couple of these Magpul 12 rounders. The twelfth round just barely fits in the magazine, so AFAIC, these are 11 round magazines.
I ran Winchester Q4318 and Federal HST 124 grain ammo through the mags and there were no surprises of any kind.

The marvelous thing about these Magpul Glock mags is the ease with which the floorplate can be removed. I wish Glock would adopt this system.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I need to buy the G26, finally, so I can use these mags.

Any pinching at all of the little finger?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I need to buy the G26, finally, so I can use these mags.

My next Glock will be the 26. I have a few of the Magpul G17 and G19 mags and loading them both to capacity is a chore. I have had no issues with them at the range though and I do love how easy they disassemble. I honestly never take my Glock mags apart because they are such a pain.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No pinching but since I experience it only rarely with the G26, I wouldn't expect it to reveal itself in the 66 rounds I shot through these mags yesterday.
The gap between the baseplate and the mag well is the same as with factory mags, so it seems to me that if your grip is off a bit you could get pinched.

The only time I get pinched by a G26 is when my grip shifts a bit during firing. Keep your pinkie off of that gap and you'll be fine.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I honestly never take my Glock mags apart because they are such a pain.
You may not be able to get the damn things apart at all. G17 mags aren't so bad but the shorter magazine tubes of the 19 and the 26 especially are very stiff and hard to work with.

"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have had a similar issue with the ETS G26 mags. Yes, 10rds will fit, just barely, but I can not insert & lock the fully loaded mag unless the slide is locked back. No wiggle room at all in this mags.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The 21 round magazines I have from Magpul for the G17 are very hard to get the last round as well. I have a few loaded to capacity but I've yet to shoot with them. I'll probably just load them to 20, plus that makes them easier to insert into the pistol. 3 more rounds and less expensive than a factory mag, I'll give them a fair chance.

I was looking at the 12 round magazines, but my G26 doesn't get shot or carried much so I haven't bought any. Good info though.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My stock Glock 12 rounders are / were initially a bear to get that last round in too.

I have been very happy with the 19/17 magpul mags I have and you are so right about the baseplate.

Glock factory mags certainly are not cost prohibitive but Magpul brings another option to the table and does so a bit cheaper with some nice features while, at least in my experience being 100% reliable.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I purchased a couple of these Magpul 12 rounders. The twelfth round just barely fits in the magazine, so AFAIC, these are 11 round magazines.
I ran Winchester Q4318 and Federal HST 124 grain ammo through the mags and there were no surprises of any kind.

The marvelous thing about these Magpul Glock mags is the ease with which the floorplate can be removed. I wish Glock would adopt this system.

I have been looking at these as well, would you trust these mags for home defense? I know that you have not thouroughly tested these, but would you trust them based on your initial experience with them?

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for the G26 ones but the 15 round G19 and 17 round G17 mags I would totally trust based on my experiences.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MagClaw baseplate remover works great for factory and other magazine baseplates on the factory magazines.

I don't see any advantage to a G26 magpull mag, as I use pearce baseplates for the short mags in my G26, G27, and G33. I don't use the flush mag base plates, and the pearce won't fit the magpul.

A standard factory glock magazine with a pearce baseplate for the carry magazine works fine, and any other magazines I might be carrying will be G19 or G17 magazines.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I can't speak for the G26 ones but the 15 round G19 and 17 round G17 mags I would totally trust based on my experiences.

This +1

I have several for my G19, 17, 34. They have been flawless

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will have to pick up a few for the 26, thanks guys. I haven't tried any Magpul for Glock, only experience is pmag 5.56.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I bought these mags because they were 15 bucks apiece and supposedly had a 12 round capacity.

I would say that anyone who stuffs 12 rounds into this mag and locks it into place, with a 13 round in the chamber, are risking making a Glock fail to feed the first round out of the magazine. Think about it- you have the magazine stuffed so full, you have to really try to get the last round in. You then lock the mag in a pistol, further depressing the rounds in the magazine. You expect this pistol to feed that first round out of the magazine? It may. It may not. Don't mess around, gents. 11 rounds only.

Would it have killed Magpul to mag the freaking magazine a millimeter longer? Damn. Ridiculous.

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms has them on sale for 11.99 and in stock. Just put them in your cart to see the discount.

http://www.primaryarms.com/pma...mm-parabellum-mag546

[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
I bought these mags because they were 15 bucks apiece and supposedly had a 12 round capacity.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Primary Arms has them on sale for 11.99 and in stock. Just put them in your cart to see the discount.

Those are the Glock 17 mags. The Glock 26 mags are $13.49.
http://www.primaryarms.com/mag...ck-g26-9x19mm-mag674

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. They are all on sale though.

quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Those are the Glock 17 mags. The Glock 26 mags are $13.49.
http://www.primaryarms.com/mag...ck-g26-9x19mm-mag674

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone provide a pic next to a g19 with mag loaded please?

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They loosen up after awhile. I am starting to have one of the two I bought fail to lock the slide back. I like the way the feel in the 26.

My GL9s for mine 19 have been flawless

Posts: 141 | Location: Fort Myers, FL , USA | Registered: March 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by featherweight:
They loosen up after awhile. I am starting to have one of the two I bought fail to lock the slide back. I like the way the feel in the 26.
You say this as if its no big deal. What it is, is a deal killer.