SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which IDPA/training holster for Sig 2022?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which IDPA/training holster for Sig 2022? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I might need an in stock holster for a training course in four weeks.
What is good?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everybody has a favorite in the holster world. And for real help you need a bit more clarity on features and construction. But I use bladetech stuff and have for years with complete satisfaction.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm actually quite fond of the El cheapo one that came with mine. I use it for 226 and 229 as well. Just a quarter turn or so with Allen wrench to adjust retention. I use it for USPSA and steel matches all the time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
This works for a lot of people:
https://www.topgunsupply.com/b...-holster-sigpro.html

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Everybody has a favorite in the holster world. And for real help you need a bit more clarity on features and construction. But I use bladetech stuff and have for years with complete satisfaction.

Outside the waistband and IDPA legal.
Two votes for Bladetech so far, thanks guys.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I have these holsters for several pistols including a full size M&P, a shield, VP9, and Glock 19.

Holsterops

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Blade Tech or Comptac for me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Dustin Osborns Ozarks Range Holster. He lists it for 59 bucks for the 2022.
Been looking at one myself.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Blade Tech with a Tek Lok for my Beretta and it's really nice.

I also have Ozark's from Dustin with Blade Tech Tek Lok's for my P226 and SP2022 and they are equally as nice.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Blade-Tech OWB. IDPA approved and well designed. I own five of them in the following configuration:

1) Get the Adjustable Sting Ray Loop. Allows it to be used with four different belt sizes. Don't get a lo-drop, since I don't believe that style is IDPA approved.

2) Nice low cutout in front, minimal vertical needed to clear.

3) Adjustable for two cant angles or vertical.

4) Like most Kydex, very fast. I prefer leather for carry, but for range use they are superb.

https://shop.blade-tech.com/?c...l7lfpbdu3suf2e6e8012

They make the things in batches and delivery times can vary. If you want to be assured you'll have it in time for your course, call them first. I prefer ordering directly from them. Can pick the attachments and color/patterns you want, even though you may have to wait.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
1) Get the Adjustable Sting Ray Loop. Allows it to be used with four different belt sizes. Don't get a lo-drop, since I don't believe that style is IDPA approved.

A note on the DOH attachment (should you ever decide you want to drop it lower for USPSA), the Bladetech DOH mount isn't terribly rigid. It might not sag much with a 2022, but it sagged a lot with my X5 Allround. I swapped it out for a BOSS hanger from Ben Stoeger's Pro Shop and I it's much more rigid.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post