SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning 1911-22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning 1911-22 Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I was at my LGS/range yesterday, and saw this neat little Browning 1911-like 22LR pistol in the display case:

http://www.browning.com/produc...pistols/1911-22.html

It's an 85% scale 1911, including grip safely and internal extractor. Blow-back action, of course. They also have one for rental, and the guys at the range counter say that it's reliable with all ammo. What a neat little pistol! If I was in the market for a .22LR plinker/trail gun, this would be the one I'd buy.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, it is pretty neat. Magazines are hard to find.

I would recommended going for a model with the upswept beavertail, since the spurred hammer variants bite me pretty hard, when I utilize a high grip. This is something that does not happen to me on regular M1911 designs (with the long spurred hammer).

Pars are very hard to come by, since Browning basically doesn't sell them.

There are two frame versions, an aluminum alloy frame, and a polymer frame.

From my limited research (i.e., posts on the internet) they aren't good suppressor hosts.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are fun little guns. Watch the prices, I found one in an ugly brown for jsut over 300 bucks last year.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I bought one with girly pink rubber grips pretty reasonably a while back, and replaced the girly grips with double diamond walnut. Unfortunately, the sights on it leave much to be desired. And I have been unable to find replacements that are more usable.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted the supressor ready version, but at the retail price of 500 bucks or so...its not high on my list.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post