SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Oooh...berettas!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oooh...berettas! Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:

He said that Beretta is coming out with some more competition guns...and not handguns...PCC(cough cough)and AR(cough cough)

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

https://trademarks.justia.com/.../brx15-86505332.html

Maybe they will bring the PMX stateside.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The 92 is my favorite DA/SA 9mm.

But for the love of all, why aren't all the slides 92A1 with removable sights?

Would save trying to Frankenmeld the M9 checkered frame with a 92A1 slide to get the removable sights

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Would save trying to Frankenmeld the M9 checkered frame with a 92A1 slide to get the removable sights

Or, for that matter, why don't they flare the magwell on all frames like the M9A1/M9A3?

I love the lines of the 92A1 (rounded trigger guard and light rail), but hate the fact the magwell isn't flared.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There was a thread here not too long ago about an old Ruger 9mm, and there's still a thread around here about steel SIGs. Maybe there's still something to be said for the "built like a tank" concept - at least to the point that it would be worthwhile to give the 92 another generation or two's worth of refinement.

I'm all for the new, tarted up versions, but a Vertec-type frame doen't mean much to me and something as simple as a basic M9 with a replaceable front sight and a flared magwell (why not?) sounds pretty dang good to me.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
Don't see how they'll make it without Uncle Sugar. Tripling down on a bulky pistol with a slide mounted safety. I like the 92 for nostalgia, Lethal Weapon and Die Hard, but they havent been relevant since the 90s.

I sure wouldn't bet against them at this point. They have really stepped up their game over the last few years and are really looking to make inroads into the competition market.

Bill Wilson and Ernest Langdon have really spurred a resurgence of interest in the 92 platform.

and is the ONLY reason Beretta is a seeing a ressurgance of sales. Their pistol designs are all over 20 years old. And, while the 92 is what it is, it's a huge pistol for 9mm in physical size.

Glocks designs are 20 years old.
The APX design is what, 3 years old?
Beretta hasnt seen a resurgence in sales because they were never lacking. Benelli and Beretta shotguns outsell every single semi auto shotgun. Tikka is the fastest growing hunting rifle line I can recall in decades.
You think Beretta even notices the few hundred pistols bought by Wilson and Langdon? Let alone call it a resurgence.

I'm talking about pistols only as is the thread. Glock is constantly coming out with new models and changes to current models and tons of various carry models. The pistols advertised and sold by Wilson and Langdon, put Beretta pistols back in view......magazine articles.....internet forum threads......etc..... this has caused people to buy their own Beretta's and modify them with parts from Wilson and Langdon.

And for decades they had nothing decent between the .32 Tomcat (known for cracking slides) and 9mm 92 in a carry gun. You're certainly not carrying a 92 concealed.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
And for decades they had nothing decent between the .32 Tomcat (known for cracking slides) and 9mm 92 in a carry gun. You're certainly not carrying a 92 concealed.

They have the Cheetah line. I own an 81, 84, and 87 and think they're fine pistols.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fnforme:
quote:

They have the Cheetah line. I own an 81, 84, and 87 and think they're fine pistols.

My 8000L is a damn fine shooter

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Originally posted by fnforme:
quote:

My 8000L is a damn fine shooter

Not to mention the 92SB Compact goes back to the early 80s...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I like well maintained 92's for what they are, which is a pretty legit service pistol and very comfortable shooter.

I didn't have much taste in or use for a PX4 Compact until I shot a friend's LTT tuned model...those are particularly sweet.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

new LE SKU for M9A1 has dovetail front. mainly because Trijicon stopped doing drilled front slides for them I think so BUSA had to adjust for the LE market.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, The 92 series is much older than 20yrs.

Folks are right about Beretta's shotguns, they are fantastic and a good revenue stream. Back in my hunting days I had an A300(I think thats the model), best shotty I ever had, very impressive. But nothing will replace the large orders of M9s, there will be some adjustment.

Dont get me wrong, I like Beretta and want them to succeed. Lack of M9s and the fugly "me too" poly Apex is concerning for their future.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have small hands, and have always LOVED the Vertec grip. When I wanted a new Beretta, I had the chance to hold both a Wilson Combat Vertec model, and a new Langdon Tactical which were both for sale at the same table. I ended up taking the LTT home and carry it daily. Something about the build on this pistol is the cat's meow. Cue the Austin Powers movie Fat Bastard character saying "Do you think I'm sexy?". That answer is unequivocally, yes.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post