SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Oooh...berettas!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oooh...berettas! Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted
At the SCTP/SASP nationals in Ohio. Got to the Beretta ‘store’. They had a LTT Beretta which was cool. I have been wanting to put my hands on one. It was nice. So was the M9A3...

Then I grab the APX and the rigger felt different. Beretta rep had a silly grin and then rummaged through his parts box and gave me a spring on a green rod. I can’t wait to put it in when I get home. Changes the trigger feel a lot. Ooh, he said they are coming out with a compact grip module for a full size slide. Basically a 17 slide with a 19 grip.

Then he pull out the 2 92X. No, not the Performance model. Standard models. Basically, the same as LTT but with a vertex grip. Comes with a hard plastic round grip as well aka m9A3. He had the Centurion and full size guns. He said the 92X performance trigger will drop right in. Price point less than the LTT.

He said that Beretta is coming out with some more competition guns...and not handguns...PCC(cough cough)and AR(cough cough)

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta is certainly enjoying a resurgence. There have literally been dozens of threads in the last year where they seemed seldom before that. The APX certainly doesn't get the love it should. I've seen those guns in the $365-$375 range before the $100 rebate. I like my Centurion and Combat quite a bit.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I recently got a 92FS Compact. Installed D spring, G kit, extended mag release - in love.

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
An AR but no competition-type updates for the ARX? The Tactical Guppy isn't a bad idea, it's just screaming to be futzed with a bit.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
.PCC(cough cough)and AR(cough cough)

Beretta 38A carbine would spank my monkey pretty hard, and a AR-70/90 is a dream gun of mine (already have an AR-70).

And yes, I know I'm dreaming.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Filled in a gap in my safe this week. 350 shipped with 3 mags was too good to pass up.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
350 shipped with 3 mags was too good to pass up.

Thief!

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Seriously. Nice grab.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't see how they'll make it without Uncle Sugar. Tripling down on a bulky pistol with a slide mounted safety. I like the 92 for nostalgia, Lethal Weapon and Die Hard, but they havent been relevant since the 90s.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92, too thick, too heavy, don't need it, can't live without it.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
350 shipped with 3 mags was too good to pass up.

Thief!

Yeah, for as much as I didnt need one. Was just always one of those guns ive wanted but never wanted to pay for. Kind of justifies having the Glock 17 and Sig P226 that also found their way in there, just because.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
Don't see how they'll make it without Uncle Sugar. Tripling down on a bulky pistol with a slide mounted safety. I like the 92 for nostalgia, Lethal Weapon and Die Hard, but they havent been relevant since the 90s.

You realize the Italian end of Beretta has been in operation for hundreds of years, right? Beretta USA will be just fine. I'm guessing there M9 was not being delivered in huge numbers the last few years and was not a high profit item anyway. Don't forget that Beretta has deep roots in other parts of the market as well.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

You realize the Italian end of Beretta has been in operation for hundreds of years, right? Beretta USA will be just fine. I'm guessing there M9 was not being delivered in huge numbers the last few years and was not a high profit item anyway. Don't forget that Beretta has deep roots in other parts of the market as well.

Beretta shotgun sales can carry years of unpopular pistol designs. Having Italian mil contracts, among others, doesnt hurt. Speaking of Uncle Sugar......who do you think hes writing checks to for Benelli M4's?

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:

He said that Beretta is coming out with some more competition guns...and not handguns...PCC(cough cough)and AR(cough cough)

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

https://trademarks.justia.com/.../brx15-86505332.html

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
Beretta 92, too thick, too heavy, don't need it, can't live without it.

Yah, pretty much this all day. Gotta say that I really love my Brig-Tac though. Super accurate and 100% reliable.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

I sure wouldn't bet against them at this point. They have really stepped up their game over the last few years and are really looking to make inroads into the competition market.

Bill Wilson and Ernest Langdon have really spurred a resurgence of interest in the 92 platform.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

I sure wouldn't bet against them at this point. They have really stepped up their game over the last few years and are really looking to make inroads into the competition market.

Bill Wilson and Ernest Langdon have really spurred a resurgence of interest in the 92 platform.

and is the ONLY reason Beretta is a seeing a ressurgance of sales. Their pistol designs are all over 20 years old. And, while the 92 is what it is, it's a huge pistol for 9mm in physical size.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too big, too thick, too heavy-like a 226?

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

and is the ONLY reason Beretta is a seeing a ressurgance of sales. Their pistol designs are all over 20 years old. And, while the 92 is what it is, it's a huge pistol for 9mm in physical size.

Glocks designs are 20 years old.
The APX design is what, 3 years old?
Beretta hasnt seen a resurgence in sales because they were never lacking. Benelli and Beretta shotguns outsell every single semi auto shotgun. Tikka is the fastest growing hunting rifle line I can recall in decades.
You think Beretta even notices the few hundred pistols bought by Wilson and Langdon? Let alone call it a resurgence.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The current pistol product manager for Beretta is an enthusiast in his 20’s. Pretty sure his work is paying off, finally. He’s part of the equation.

He owns a 92 Combat and 92 Steel-I that he acquired on his own, not through the company

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post