SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which would you go for? the 226 or the 320
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which would you go for? the 226 or the 320 Login/Join 
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
226 I own both and the P-226 is one of the best Sig has offered over the years easy to carry, take to the range or do a match or two. The P-320 is a nice system but just a different gun not a traditional Sig. IMHO Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
226. However, the whole "W German" means little to nothing to value, except in the minds of folks who think that they are assembled by pixies using certified Unicorn tools. Those guns broke and still break, at a rate comparable to current production.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
I really like my P226, even though it has become a safe queen. I wouldn't give it up. .

Yep, I have no real reason to keep my 226 around. At one point I had just over 30 P series Sigs, 1/3 of those being 226's. Now im down to to just one.......tuned 226ST, and it would likely be the one I keep if I ever had to go down to 1 handgun.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whadayagonnauseitfor? Or is it just an acquisition?

I own both. Vastly different platforms. Without stating the intended use/purpose, it's like asking: "Should I buy a pickup truck or a Mazda Miata?"

No offense intended. But better questions will get better answers.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post

My 1987 JH West German. I just love the lines of the older pistols.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Ignoring any of the 'collectible' stuff, no surprise: this striker dude chooses...the striker. I've been critical of my 320C in the past but I still shoot it consistently better from the first shot than I do my Mk25.

Now if having a West German rollmark is high on your bucket list, then why are you even asking?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I have both, and the only one that is carried and used is the 320 Compact. Its Glock 19 sized with 15 round capacity and a wonderful trigger. I love the classic P series SIGs, but only for nostalgia sake. Kinda like the 1911.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I keep a jk date code 226 with n my nightstand. I did put hogue piranhas and tru glo sights on it.

The newer 226 are great also, but I like the balance of the folded slide Sigs better.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226!!! P320 is till some-what of a toy. I can never get Enough of the 226. I. Currently have 3.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummmm,P 226.
Wait...yes, P 226
I recall that I have had (and sold/traded) at least 4 P320 pistols in a couple of configurations. No soul- no love.
Ummmm, what was the other choice???
And yes, I have a few P-226 models. Da/Sa, SAO, various calibers. Of course 357 SIG is the only caliber. Heh,heh.

Posts: 167 | Location: Central Florida-Behind the orange safety cones | Registered: July 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
To me, a Sig is a metal gun with a hammer.
There is an ever expanding supply of excellent plastic striker guns out there and it sees like more come out daily.
Now that the series of panics are a memory, prices seem to be going lower each day. Waiting a few months seems to bring better and less expensive options.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I love my 320.....but nothing is replacing the 226 in my book

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
My vote is for the P226. $450 for a P320 isn't a huge savings so if you shoot them both equally well, the P320 can wait.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
My vote is for the P226. $450 for a P320 isn't a huge savings so if you shoot them both equally well, the P320 can wait.

AMEN BROTHA

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... do I want a Z06 Corvette or a Suburban... Smile

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:

That all depends on which is which......just sayin..... Razz

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NerdRage80:
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:

That all depends on which is which......just sayin..... Razz

One's sexy piece of machinery with beautiful lines which you can keep in your garage and take out on the weekends to impress the ladies with, the other one has utility in the name and is fugly.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
You'll be able to buy the P320 for quite some time. W.German P226, not so much.

Just be sure to check the wear on the rails.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I like steel/alloy guns with hammers. If I want a plastic fantastic, I'll carry a Glock.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post