SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P 225 Mag Problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P 225 Mag Problem Login/Join 
posted
Have A new to me circa P225 . Cane with 4 Factory Sig Zipper mags.
One of them once loaded has to be forced in and Pulled out hard.
Empty IN/OUT easy
Sorry can post pic.
Thanks

Better A Gun in your ,than a Cop on the phone

Posts: 11 | Location: L.I.New York | Registered: October 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The first thing I’d suspect is that one/more of the spot welds has broken and even though it’s a single column magazine, some side pressure on the magazine tube is causing it to expand when loaded. I would load the magazine full and carefully inspect the back seam to see if it’s being spread open.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the mag is loaded, is there any deformation of the mag that you can see? Maybe one of the seams have given way/separated under pressure. Also is this the only mag that does this?

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the magazines appear to be OK, check the grip screws if they extend too far into the magazine well which will cause a long scratch to appear on the magazines.

There should be star washers under the screws.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had basically the same problem once with a p220 mag. Found it had a very small crack in the back at the top lip. Couldn't see the crack when unloaded, but was there when mag was loaded and caused enough resistance where it would not drop free.

Posts: 264 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post