SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Old vs new 40/357 barrels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old vs new 40/357 barrels Login/Join 
posted
OK, I've finally confirmed from the previous owner that my older 229 with a 9mm conversion barrel was originally a 40 cal. I want to buy a new OEM barrel to return it to its original configuration. I see that there are differences in the 9mm versions of the 229 vs the 229-1 but I don't see any mention of differences in the 40/357 versions. None of the barrel descriptions from the various sources mention any difference. What do I need to know when buying a new 40 cal barrel for an older gun? Are they the same?

Posts: 256 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No difference exits for P229 40/357 barrels except the newer barrels have a nitride finish. The 9mm P229 is different in frame, locking block, barrel, & mags.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was asking about your EFK on the for sale listing
I see you have a need for a 40 barrel OEM
I have one

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post