SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Defeated by the ruger mark 2. Update got it back together!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Defeated by the ruger mark 2. Update got it back together!! Login/Join 
posted
I have had the ruger for 10 years and never cleaned it and I have had no issues. Well I was bored and decided it was time and that was a mistake. I can not get it get back together to save my life. Anyone have this issue?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gambit123,

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You're not the only one to have stared this down. Fortunately there is Youtube, good luck Wink

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I haven't owned one in years but seems like you point it at the ceiling and shake it. I'm sure somebody has done 'how to' on You Tube.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have done the YouTube thing for 3 hours today. I can not watch anymore videos. I can get the pin about 3/4 the way in and it stops. And it's very hard to get it even started.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Might find a trick or two in the following thread from RimfireCentral...that's why I have Browning Buck Marks Wink...(I am going to buy a MK IV Target Model in the near future Smile)...

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/...ght=mk+ii+reassembly

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only reason I have kept this gun cause it had work done on it by the father of Clark customs. It's a smooth shooting gun. I use to have the build sheet with the cost.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
OP, I'm in Eastern NC, if I'm near you I can show you how to do it...

I've learned that hands-on is much better at retention.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger has some good videos on their site. Maybe this one will help.

http://ruger.com/videos.html?v...31271725&cat=3769278

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
I have had the ruger for 10 years and never cleaned it and I have had no issues. Well I was bored and decided it was time and that was a mistake. I can not get it get back together to save my life. Anyone have this issue?

This makes it easy. Just make sure the weapon is cocked and the safety is on.

http://www.majesticarms.com/id10.html

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I hate cleaning a Mark 2 or 3 until I found...Speed Strip Kit.
Mark 2's are too damn tight to take apart and reassemble. I have gotten good at re assembly cuz I've installed several of these kits.
Got burned on the latest kit--had a "enhanced trigger" which I just installed without reading the directions. After several frustrating attempts-called and spoke with Dino. Yep-all those #@small parts. Needed to "fit" trigger.
Recommend Majestic Speed Strip kit--it works.
http://www.majesticarms.com/si...mp/SpeedStripKit.jpg

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife does it for me.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
All that other aftermarket bullshit is unnecessary.

With the frame upright, push the hammer forward until you can get your pinky under the hammer strut.

Hold strut out from grip frame.

Pull hammer back until it clicks.

Drop barrel onto the frame.

Insert magazine.

Snap assembly lever into frame. Do not rotae into place.

Pull the trigger with your thumb as you rotate assembly lever while ensuring the hammer strut goes into the spring plunger.

Snap lever closed.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx3bbfPbk78

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I haven't actually owned one, but I see this all the time. Razz

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
OP, don't get frustrated. The first couple of times I did it I wanted to throw the damn thing in the lake.

The beauty of the MK2 and MK3's is that you can run a couple thousand rounds through them before they need to be cleaned.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
It has happened to all of us.

The more you do it the better you will be at it.

On a drift, I am hoping with the MKIV that everyone dumps their MKII's. Then I can pick up a couple more I want at more reasonable prices. The MKIII spiked up the price for II's.

Further drift... Stupid Ruger and their LCI's, warning labels and not selling factory Mini-14 standard 20 Rd mags.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my Mark II apart a few times already and this is the one video that I always use.

https://youtu.be/CZ_wTmiko0g

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Talo edition MK 3 that the previous owner had trouble assembling. I was able to sort out the issue after taking it completely apart, and reassembling it. Problem disappeared.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
my first handgun was an AMT Lightning, (MKII Clone)
after several attempts, cussing, etc, I learned to do it (similar to Mars) ,

thing is, you don't need to strip it that far often,

but after 2-4 times, it gets easier

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I had a Mark I and did have some issues disassembling and reassembling. No issue with the hammer strut though. I figured that out early on. Mine had and extremely tight fitting upper. I needed to wack it pretty hard with a rubber mallet to get if off, and going back on took a bit of fiddling. I more than once cut my hand on the sharp edges trying to get it back on.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope the designer of the MK2 is burning somewhere near the ninth level of hades as we speak. I had to literally beat the receiver off the frame with a rubber mallet the first time I took it apart. I'm obsessive about cleaning my guns but the MK2 makes even me put it off for another day.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post