SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The “Obsolete” Glock 26 got me thinking. How far back would you go before you considered an arm not viable?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The “Obsolete” Glock 26 got me thinking. How far back would you go before you considered an arm not viable? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A model 10 dates to about 1899, right?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any “modern” arm created during or after WWI would be totally fine barring the most extreme circumstances.

And then there's the timeless Browning 1911 design.....made when????
I'm guessing depending on use and conditions, readily available metallic cartridge, reliable/proven design, reasonable purposed-driven accuracy, easy carry/concealability as required, along with required knock-down power.
What mission, what cartridge, what platform?
Obsolete may be in the mind of the beholder, imho.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My plandemic car pistol is a bone stock 1953 Romanian Tokarev. Utterly reliable and can reach out and go through things.
Otherwise, I favor the oh so obsolete G26 Gen3 I’ve shot for years.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can it handle modern ammunition? If not, it's out.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post