SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Video: Burris Fastfire mount for Ruger MKI/II/III/IV with shooting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video: Burris Fastfire mount for Ruger MKI/II/III/IV with shooting Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
This mount gets the micro red dot optic lower than any of the picatinny or Weaver rail-mounted options. It replaces the rear sight and utilizes the factory Ruger dovetail. I have read that the Vortex micro red dots have the same screw pattern and work on this mount as well. Good stuff! If you don't care and don't want to watch the video, no biggie.

https://youtu.be/c437VbHOsH4

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
That looks like something I "need" and would use a lot.

thanks for posting.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Nice set up with the Burris. Great shooting. Thanks for posting.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
So what is this mount? Who makes it?

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice.
Looks like a home made range. I need one like that.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too, is it underground or just a concrete pouring? Backstop? 1K care to share any details.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That's really cool; thanks for sharing that!

Great shooting, and I'm jealous of that range as well. Are those pre-cast concrete panels? Is it underground, or above ground? Just curious.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
So what is this mount? Who makes it?
it is made by Burris. It is called the Burris fast fire mount

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Me too, is it underground or just a concrete pouring? Backstop? 1K care to share any details.
it is underground and it was installed as part of a home/pool renovation. It is 12 x 12, rebar reinforced hardened concrete. Backstop is stepped ramp of 4 x 8's with non-flammable adhesive treated rubber mulch backstop material installed by action targets. They also did the overhead target runners and the ventilation system. It is not mine but I have occasional access to it. I also helped design and source the AR500 plate hangers and targets. It is a private range. My only complaint is that it isn't long enough for real accuracy testing or rifle testing. It could also use some sound damping... braked rifles are teeth rattlingly loud in there.

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I think I just found out what to get my son for his birthday. He has a MKIII 22/45.

When we go shooting, we always end up shooting that pistol more than anything else.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Same here. This is my primary training and kids’ competition pistol. This one has 15,000 rounds through it.