SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    issue with p365 15 round mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

issue with p365 15 round mags Login/Join 
posted
i had a buddy pick me up a couple of these new mags for me to use in our IDPA Bug match....

i got them just before the match and just before shooting i realized i had not loaded them....i had planned to use them as my main match magazines as they may improve my grip on the gun as well as the extra length would make them easier to retrieve them from my belt mag holder....

i was feverishly trying to get six rounds in them as that was the max we could load.....my first attempt didn't work....the follower got stuck at about 5 rounds....i figured the fidget factor was getting me and maybe i had caused it by canting the follower or whatever.....i shook the rounds out and the follower stayed where it was.......

since i thought i may have contributed to the problem, i used Lula to reload the same mag after dropping the rounds back in it.....

loaded both mags with the lula and shot the entire match with no malfunctions whatsoever....

after the match i was clearing the mags and after a round or two the follower lodged again.....

this morning i took the mags apart just to see what was going on......

Here's what's happening....the part of the follower that activates the slide stop is actually protruding into the magazine where the mag catch retains the magazine into the gun....

the gun ran flawlessly because when inserted into the gun the mag catch fills up the slot that the follower was catching on when not in the gun....

D I C K

"Take a kid shooting"

Posts: 28 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That’s weird. I wonder if you could round off the follower just enough to clear the hole in the mag tube without sacrificing its ability to hold open the slide?

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did that occur with both magazines?

Most posters have reported difficulty loading them to capacity due to spring tension. Mine were no different, though I didn't find any issues with feeding or the follower hanging up.

I'd get some 600 grit paper and gently clean that corner of the follower to allow it to move smoothly, even though you indicated that it's feeding well. Sounds like a burrr or deformation that shouldn't be there.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine do the same thing but it loads fine.

Posts: 25 | Registered: August 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
I just got my two over the weekend, and they both loaded fine. I loaded dummy rounds first (using the Uplula) without a problem, let them sit overnight, then emptied and loaded with live ammo without an issue.

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Called sig..... they said they’d be glad to exchange but see if problem went away.... I’ve since shot a few hundred through them with no issues..... d i c k

"Take a kid shooting"

Posts: 28 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Got a 15 rounder Thursday and put it through its paces, shooting for about an hour with it, a couple 12-rounders and a 10-rounder. No issues.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post