SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion SAO vs. Elite SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion SAO vs. Elite SAO Login/Join 
posted
I am in the market for either the Legion SAO RX or the Elite SAO RX. I can get the Elite SAO for $1000 and the Legion for $1500. I feel my best option is to go Elite SAO and send it off to Robert Burke for a trigger job. Looking for opinions.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trey83:
I am in the market for either the Legion SAO RX or the Elite SAO RX. I can get the Elite SAO for $1000 and the Legion for $1500. I feel my best option is to go Elite SAO and send it off to Robert Burke for a trigger job. Looking for opinions.

If you can buy a new Elite SAO RX for a grand you should buy more than one!!

I own a SAO RX and a Legion SAO (not a RX). While both are excellent shooting pistols the Elite is the best shooting pistol I have ever shot. It features all the benefits of the Legion except the straight trigger and patch of checkering under the trigger guard with a better finish. While I can say you couldn't go wrong with either, on a dollar for dollar basis the Elite would be the better value.

I would also recommend shooting whatever you do buy before spending the money on a trigger job. With the addition of a Wolff 17lb mainspring my SAO triggers are outstanding.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel my best option is to go Elite SAO and send it off to Robert Burke for a trigger job. Looking for opinions.

I doubt that the trigger on the Legion would be much different than the Elite.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
quote:
I feel my best option is to go Elite SAO and send it off to Robert Burke for a trigger job. Looking for opinions.

I doubt that the trigger on the Legion would be much different than the Elite.

Other than variables between individual pistols there should be essentially no difference between the triggers of the two pistols aside from the Legion having a flat-faced trigger.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the responses. I ended ordering an Elite SAO RX. It should be here by Friday. I will have to see what I think of the factory trigger and decide if I want to send it out for work.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to know where some of the Legion prices are coming from. I paid $1075 delivered to my ffl and the next lowest was around $1150 before shipping. I realize that prices vary around the country but $1500 seems a bit high.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The $1500 price is for a Legion with the Romeo1 optic.

posted Hide Post
I recently ordered a Legion P226 SAO and love it. Was deliberating between this and the new Wilson EDC in 9mm. Dimensions are similar with the Legion being about 1/4" longer and 1/4" taller but I carry it IWB in a TT Gunleather holster with an 18 rd. Mag and a 20 rd. spare and it is manageable to conceal for a full size pistol. Wonder what I should do with the $1900 I saved since I passed on the $3000 EDC....?

Posts: 174 | Location: Hills of Appalachia | Registered: June 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parausa:
I recently ordered a Legion P226 SAO and love it. Was deliberating between this and the new Wilson EDC in 9mm. Dimensions are similar with the Legion being about 1/4" longer and 1/4" taller but I carry it IWB in a TT Gunleather holster with an 18 rd. Mag and a 20 rd. spare and it is manageable to conceal for a full size pistol. Wonder what I should do with the $1900 I saved since I passed on the $3000 EDC....?
You need a spare. You'll still have $800 for ammo. Big Grin

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are ambi. Maybe one for each hand in that seeet Andrews Monarch 2 gun shoulder rig...

Posts: 174 | Location: Hills of Appalachia | Registered: June 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
<ship>

That's my opinion too. Robert's action job on my 9mm X5 Comp is excellent.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post