SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG X-Five Special Ops
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG X-Five Special Ops Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking at this gun as my next purchase. The retail is more than twice that of a P-226 Elite. What would explain this difference?

Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, Tanfoglio Limited Custom Xtreme, SIG P320 FS 9mm, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG P-226 Enhanced Elite 9mm
Kriss Vector CRB Canadian 9mm

Posts: 233 | Location: Ontario | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have exp with the x-5 special ops, I do have alot of exp with a p226 Stainless steel elite, p220 Stainless steel elite sao, and p226 elite sao. I also currently have an x5 alround.

Now, the X5 alraound has a full 5 inch barrel, squared non railed dust cover, better target sights and a superb da/sa trigger pull set. My long gone SSE 226 and SSE SAO 226 had Rails, the DA/SA was bad for the money. I eneded up putting a whole set of wolf springs in the SSE 226. I still did not warm to it. The 220 SSE SAO had a great single action trigger, combat sights. That damn ambi safety kept disengaging. It drove me nuckenfuts.

My current guns are my p226 SAO (aluminum frame) and X-5 Alround. The ambi safety on this p226 is tighter and does not disengage during normal wear. The X-5 is quite a bit heavier. Both are as accurate as I am. THe P226 lends its self to self defense more so than the x5.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think of it as the Gen 2 X-Five Tactical. It is a gorgeous SAO German Mastershop gun. The finish has a bit of a metallic tint to it which is hard to explain until you see it in person.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Unless I’m missing something, it’s way overpriced b/c it’s basically a P226 X5 Entry with an all black PVD finish. A brand new Entry just sold on GB for half that amount and when the Mastershop pistols were imported it was three to four hundred $ less than that.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Just for reference, here's my Gen 2 X-Five Tactical (with Bar-Sto threaded barrel & some wood grips I'm trying out.)

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
Just for reference, here's my Gen 2 X-Five Tactical (with Bar-Sto threaded barrel & some wood grips I'm trying out.)

That X5 looks sweet, Tooky13

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
That X5 looks FANTASTIC!

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at X-Five's for a while now and picked this one up last night. Hopefully, it'll be here by the weekend.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Good one, M. The XPRESS is the euro's name for the ENTRY that was originally sold in the US. I wish SIG USA would make and sell those "E3" grips. I bet they will sell very well.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^ that’s the exact same pistol I was referring to in my earlier post. Like I said, the Spec Ops is way overpriced.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
^^^^ that’s the exact same pistol I was referring to in my earlier post. Like I said, the Spec Ops is way overpriced.

Yep, the X5 Special Ops is just a blackened ENTRY. But, GB sellers will hype it up to justify their asking prices.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Good one, M. The XPRESS is the euro's name for the ENTRY that was originally sold in the US. I wish SIG USA would make and sell those "E3" grips. I bet they will sell very well.

Thanks Q! Didn't come with the manual, target, or outer sleeve, but, it was advertised as being unfired and at a price that worked for me.

I've been wanting to try the "E3" grips since I first came across them, however, I couldn't find a source in the States.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Don't know about this model, but it looks a lot like the former P226 X-Five Tactical, although the Tactical had an alloy frame and no magwell. It was also not as expensive.

I added a German magwell which I was able to order for the gun.

I have the Tactical and it is, hands down, the best shooting SIG I have ever owned. Recoil is negligible and accuracy is incredible especially given I'm not that great.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post