SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    stumbled across a new Molon Labe 45 today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stumbled across a new Molon Labe 45 today Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
had never seen one, almost never heard of them, can't find much on them, not on the SigSauer home site.

Who can tell me about their advantages & should I scoop this one up?

I loved the rustic distressed finish, had never seen or heard of it before. The frame felt especially good in hand, and the various controls all were just where I like 'em.

Surely someone has shot these models?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: signewt,

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
something that was released years ago... just a standard Sig 1911 dressed up (cosmetics)

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
thanks CandyMan.45; appreciate your comment.

Do you have any further information I could glean? I've been trying to find out as much as possible.

One 7 minutes UTube was without any functional help. It's hard to believe it was ?2012? release date.

The one I saw had a very nice if odd, ceracote? rusty looking finish, and fit my hand well. Controls were crisp & smooth, guess that's was a NIB model should feel like.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
This one? https://www.sigsauer.com/1911-...an-ii-full-size.html

If so, I believe this is a newer model as I’ve never seen it (or any other distressed/battleworn finish from the Sig factory) before. There was an older model Molon that was a darker FDE but it was a solid color like you would expect. ( This is the older one.)

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
a newer model

JBird: yes, it looked very much like this one, although the description of "distressed coyote" is a bit off the color scale I see here vs the version I had in hand 2 days ago.

That color to my eyes seemed more reddish/baked earth tone. Still, the other features and grip style was very similar.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
It was called the Spartan. Just a dressed up 1911. They did a 938 as well I believe.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
thanks for the photos gents....while I've not much been influenced by 'cosmetics' so much over the years, as 'features' and 'design'. Finding a plain model in any non-plastic center fire pistol locally has become difficult.

I'm reluctant to pay premium price for 'cosmetics'.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~