SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    wow, what a collection! never seen these before. Vonbank?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wow, what a collection! never seen these before. Vonbank? Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted
i wont post the listing here but a guy in my state has these up for sale for 10K, yes, 10k! never heard of or seen before...nice but not my taste. anyone have an extra 10k laying around??

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Been listed for years. Not worth the asking price, imo.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The set was issued by some bank or other IIRC.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
They are awful purty, though...

Lots of other ways I would spend 10 grand if I had it just laying around.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I could do without the gold accents.

Huggy approves, though

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Seller sounds desperate, "German/Swiss Sig Sauer Vonbank complete set never fired. Safe queen needing the money. 10K obo."
This used to be $15k. Then, $12k. Now, it's $10k obo.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Mr. T starter kit

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Seller sounds desperate, "German/Swiss Sig Sauer Vonbank complete set never fired. Safe queen needing the money. 10K obo."

I guess im out of the loop bc ive never seen this set. i don't have enough money or pimp clothes for the gold accents on those. Smile

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Does the set come with a 1974 Chevy Caprice with hydraulics and curb feelers?

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
It´s not an official SIG comemorative collection. Willy VonBank was a Swiss security expert and a promoter of self defense shooting back in the 80s. and he wantetd to promote with this set with matching pistols, in cooperation with SIG, not SIGSauer. The set was not sold as a complete. One had to buy a subscription and then received the pistol when it was available. It expalins the various non matching production periods of the pistols. The style reflected the tase of the period when it was available and it was popular amongst IPSC people to have their P210 blinged with an electroless finish.
Two sets are existing, those with a blue velvet liner and those with a red one, an option that was offered to the buyer. The price refelects about the adjusted value of the kit when it was available 40 years ago which was in the range of 6000 CHF. In nature the set looks much nicer then on pictures.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
bolo4tom. I was HHQ, 18th MP BDE in 1970.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Am I imagining things, but does the P220 have a takedown lever swipe mark, and perhaps the P226 as well‽ Eek

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47408 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Am I imagining things, but does the P220 have a takedown lever swipe mark, and perhaps the P226 as well‽ Eek

Got to make sure the internals are in order. Big Grin

Q

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Not into guns designed never to be shot.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
That set would be gorgeous without the gold and the TDL swipe marks.

ETA: Have to admit I’m in the same boat as BBMW though.

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Shiny!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I guess im out of the loop bc ive never seen this set. i don't have enough money or pimp clothes for the gold accents on those. Smile

There's another set on GB that has been there forever. This is the set I was referring to. Identical thing, without the TDL swipe marks. But, part of the serial number's paint of the P210 has fallen off, making it look unsightly.

Q

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'd go $3500 without the case, aint paying shipping for that. Wink

^ Oh wait, I didn't see the swipe marks, I assumed they were untouched. I bid $1 Bob.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so how much would a set of i.w.b. and o.w.b. for each gun cost,
not mega bling holsters but more reserved
style holsters .
another $1,900.00 ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54631 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
bolo4tom. I was HHQ, 18th MP BDE in 1970.

Max, very cool. I was with 564th MP Co, 709th BN, 18th MP BDE, West Germany 88-92