SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will Sig sell the 226 X5 in the U.S. again?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Sig sell the 226 X5 in the U.S. again? Login/Join 
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I addressed it as aftermarket support, but the more I think about it, it would probably need to be a combination of factory-provided and available aftermarket. I don't shoot Limited because I just really don't like .40, but for that Division, some of the things I see people wanting would include:

- Magazine basepads and/or extentions.
- Extended magazines (that fit in the gauge Wink) that come with followers and springs capable of capacity somewhere close to the SxI's without having to change springs and followers.
- Removable magwells with options for different materials to change weight as desired.
- A recoil system that you can tune with standard springs, though I'm honestly not sure how well the current dual-spring system may already lend itself to that.
- A fiber optic front sight from the factory.
- Replacement triggers in different shapes/contours.
- As mentioned, a source of parts or parts compatibility with other, available models.
- A good, crisp trigger out of the box. Having never shot a SAO X5, I can't comment on those. But my Allround took a few thousand rounds to get to where I thought it should have been at the start. I'm glad the GGI kits are available, but Sig's price point is an issue, and few people want to buy an expensive gun and then have to spend more for a drop-in kit or gunsmith work.
- A removable plate for dot mounting would be great for opening the door to Carry Optics, but that would only be useful on a DA/SA model, as no SAO's are allowed. And make adapter plates in case someone doesn't like a 2 moa ROMEO1. Open shooters seem to prefer a frame mount so the dot doesn't move as much, but including Open would also mean chambering for .38 Super/SuperComp and having compensators available.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post