SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will Sig sell the 226 X5 in the U.S. again?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Sig sell the 226 X5 in the U.S. again? Login/Join 
posted
I am sure they could manufacture them in the states,and there is probably some built up demand.

Or should I just by a nice CZ?

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I would not hold my breath for a US made P226 X5 at this time.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks 12131. Do you have any experience with the CZ tactical sports?

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-7...ual-tone-20-rd-mags/

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
S.H.A.D.O.W.

And no, it's not a clandestine spy organization...I think...

Perhaps someday the Mastershop P226 X-Fives will make a return. We can at least hope. But it would likely take a significant shift within the German government in order for that to happen. Considering Merkel's stance on free trade (well, for everything except SIG guns) is being assaulted on all sides, if Germany falters it could bring an end to her government and then who knows? Perhaps business as it once was for SIG Sauer GmbH once again.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Thanks 12131. Do you have any experience with the CZ tactical sports?

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-7...ual-tone-20-rd-mags/

Big, heavy gun. Always want to try one, but don't have the desire to buy it to do so. I will say that its frame finish is kind of weird in the flesh. Feels like it belongs on a camping skillet, or wrought iron railing.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Have no experience with any of the competition CZs, but the new Shadow 2 gets my attention.

wcb6092, have you thought about getting a German X5, like the L1 or the B&W?

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That'd be a nice CZ, if they lost the black slide! Then add blk/gry G10's...

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ tactical sports in 9mm. A German X5 it is not but it shoots fine. Reliable and accurate with crisp, light single action trigger. Minimal recoil since it is a heavy gun. I replaced the stocked sights with fiber optic front and adjustable rear...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows.I would really like an X5 but prices on the few you can locate have really skyrocketed. I will look at that CZ Shadow 2 and see if I like it. I have a USP Expert that is really accurate but it still needs some trigger work on it.

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Tanfoglio Stock 2's are also very popular in competition. A friend has one, and out of the box it had a ridiculously light DA and a fairly good SA compared to my Allround.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks JAFO I will look at that one too.

Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I have had three SIG P226 XFive's that I've let go and I have one L1 left in the safe. In that time I've purchased numerous CZ's to replace that "gap". I really love the Tactical Sport and CZ Shadow and Shadow 2 platforms. I have heavily modified a late model IPSC standard (essentially the current Tactical Sports) in the guise of the CZ Custom CTS. It is well balanced and just as accurate as my X-Five L1. Unlike my L1 it will hold 21 rounds of 40 short and weak in the 140mm magazine. The L1 is still prettier, but the CZ runs circles around it. Recently I picked up a Tactical Sports Orange and I think it's the best handgun for the money in that price range. The machining tolerances and fit and finish are on par with the XFive L1 (of course it's missing the aesthetically pleasing stainless steel material of the X Five). The Orange also has frame checkering and undercut to get the frame deeper in your hands. It came with 3 magazines, spare slide stops, recoil springs, buffers, mainsprings, large carry case, etc. It's a little heavy and give the nod to a CZ Custom CTS set up but it's overall outstanding. I let my high end Smith and Wesson wheel gun buddy fire the Orange and in a few weeks he had his own. Turning wheel gun guys isn't easy.
In regards to the standard factory Tactical Sports, I find the diamond checkering (in casting) to be substandard and it's worth the CZ custom or Orange upgrade for the frame.
The Shadow 2 is also a nice piece but unless you are shooting USPSA production or really have a liking of DA/SA the SA and overall workmanship of the Tactical Sports is better. It's really new to the market and is commanding a high price.
I've become a bit of a CZ fan boy and this is one, slightly warped, individuals opinion but I think the X Five has some competition. Smile

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great review huskerlrrp, that is exactly the kind of real world experience I was looking for.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
It is my ambivalent expectation to not see any more "Mastershop" X-models imported to the US.

What do I expect to see? Updated and technically corrected American-made X-pistols from our friends in New Hampshire, which will offer superiour engineering for functional reliability and durability, wider compatibility within the P-Series family, better fit, and an affordable price point for an all-around better pistol.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Updated and technically corrected American-made X-pistols from our friends in New Hampshire, which will offer superiour engineering for functional reliability and durability, wider compatibility within the P-Series family, better fit, and an affordable price point for an all-around better pistol.

That would be great, but I think they will need to cultivate better aftermarket support for the P-series to put a dent in CZ's foothold. Aside from price, lack of aftermarket support (and lack of capacity for Limited) is the primary reason I see people recommend against an X-series for competition. The available support for the 320 has been great and is definitely moving in the right direction.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZs Tactical Sports is a highly accurate well built pistol. I don't think you'll be upset if you get one, not the least of which they are cheaper than an X5. I have a 9mm, very accurate gun, the triggers been tuned like a fine piano and kicks ass.

As far as the Tactical Sports Orange goes, never even seen one, but it looks interesting.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do I expect to see? Updated and technically corrected American-made X-pistols from our friends in New Hampshire, which will offer superiour engineering for functional reliability and durability, wider compatibility within the P-Series family, better fit, and an affordable price point for an all-around better pistol.

-Bruce

That sounds awesome!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Updated and technically corrected American-made X-pistols from our friends in New Hampshire, which will offer superiour engineering for functional reliability and durability, wider compatibility within the P-Series family, better fit, and an affordable price point for an all-around better pistol.

That would be great, but I think they will need to cultivate better aftermarket support for the P-series to put a dent in CZ's foothold. Aside from price, lack of aftermarket support (and lack of capacity for Limited) is the primary reason I see people recommend against an X-series for competition. The available support for the 320 has been great and is definitely moving in the right direction.

Ok, not to hijack the thread, but what do you want? What would you like to see that you think others would in and around Limited, and other circles?

There are little devils and angels that sit on all of our shoulders. I am the little devil that won't leave the DA/SA. Whether it is a P226 (NAVY, X-FIVE, Legion) or the 2022.

What chu want?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went all in on the X-5's initially shooting them for two full seasons of competition. With excellent results. The initial L-1's all had to back to sig for extractor issues, but eventually those were fixed.
The optic models were a nightmare as the silly rear sight situation was a mess and the comp was really useless with any 9mm ammo. but ok.
What I want now from sig is: 1. A source of parts for the original guns. I have a safe full of them I don't shoot cause if they break its game over and 2. A comparable model in terms of SAO trigger and overall ergo's with a slide cut for an RMR in case you want to run that class. The frame mounted optic mount on the original has been passed by.
FWIW

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
The Tanfoglio Elite Limited is a great $1000 SAO hunk of Stainless Steel too. I would like to handle the CZ Tac Sport Orange because the earlier version has such a fat grip my huge paws don't feel at home on it.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post