SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith & Wesson 457 for my birthday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson 457 for my birthday Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted
I got my self a birthday gift this week. Found a nicely used Smith & Wesson Model 457 on GunBroker for $300. I had been looking for one for some time. Was also looking for a 4513TSW, but they are not priced like the 457. I foolishly sold my Model 4516 about five years ago but I kept a number of the mags.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! A great and VERY underated 45 carry gun. I have been carrying and shooting mine for years now. The perfect size and weight, for me. Enjoy yours! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I had one. 457s are so plain that they should come in a paper bag but they are darn good pistol.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find. I was looking for one a month ago and I couldn’t find any on gunbroker for less than $500.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Nice find. I was looking for one a month ago and I couldn’t find any on gunbroker for less than $500.

The prices on the 457's have been going up and down in a odd manner. I had been watching them for the last four years. A few went for $350 to $375. I was the only bidder on this one.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I had one in '98 or so and bought it on a great report by Mr. Ayoob....it was a very good pistol!

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post