SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    4 reasons why a P220 is better than a 1911
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4 reasons why a P220 is better than a 1911 Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Lol, looks like the dinosaur who wrote that article hasn't looked at a 1911, since WWII.

You literally couldn't give me a Sig 220. Well, I suppose you could, but I'd turn around and sell it immediately.

To throw all 1911'a into one category and then judge that category is just ignorant. I would be like judging DA/SA guns as a category and saying they are unreliable because of a Hipoint.

That boy needs to ease off the koolaide.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh my...

One of my best friends just loves his 1911. (I don't recall which maker.) But it's mainly a G34 that goes pin shooting and mainly a little S&W pocket revolver that stands carry duty. We've had many conversations about the 1911 and .45 ACP. 1911s have never suited me and that's that. The P220 does, though... I bought a P320F in .45 ACP, instead, but the P220 is still on my mind.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun Writers gotta write. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
http://americanshootingjournal...etter-than-the-1911/

Concur.

I have a P220 and a Series 1 Kimber (back when Kimber's were considered top notch). If I could only choose on of the two, I also would take the P220 even though I know that parts are limited to one company.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot a P220. I've shot 1911s. I don't know if it's just me, but the 1911 fit my hands much better than the P220. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the 1911 even though I prefer a DA semi-auto with no manual safety over a SA semi-auto with thumb and grip safeties.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing in that "article" (more like a rant) changes my opinion either way on a P220 or 1911 and I have both.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Nothing in that "article" (more like a rant) changes my opinion either way on a P220 or 1911 and I have both.

Exactly. one can certainly make a reasonable argument that the 220 is better than the 1911 and visa versa.

This guy didn't make one single good point though. If someone paid him for that nonsense, they should get their money back.

posted Hide Post
quote:
You literally couldn't give me a Sig 220
is no less ignorant that the article mentioned.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
quote:

Exactly

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is this American Shooting Journal of which you speak?
Never heard of it before.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
probably could have said the same about a Glock 21... (in comparison to 1911)

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
quote:

Exactly

How is it ignorant? I don't follow.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I have a 220, bought a pair of SIG slim grips (think that is what they were called) and shoot it well

I have several 1911's, from Detonics Combat Master up to a 6" Clark long heavy,

all shoot well,

so in other words, I got both,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only reason these kinds of articles are written is to fuel the internet pissing contests.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The only reason these kinds of articles are written is to fuel the internet pissing contests.

I agree.

Pick a 220, pick a 1911, pick both, or pick neither - use what works best for you - this sort of sentiment doesn't sell articles and generate "buzz" like this 220 vs. 1911 article does, unfortunately.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Gun Writers gotta write. Roll Eyes

Indeed!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Internet bloggers have opinions. Their opinions don't change my opinion.

I carried a P220 for work for several years. I shot it a lot. I had 1911 pistols at the same time. I shot them a lot. The 1911 feels more natural in my hands but both have their merits.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

And it is WORKING!!!!!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Both look great in my safe.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post