SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X Five Allround 9mm Magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X Five Allround 9mm Magazines? Login/Join 
posted
I have been off the forums for some time and return to find the X Five Series is no longer available. Reports of a ban on German imports but plans to move manufacturing to the US that hasn’t seemed to happen?

Regardless, I wanted to pick up a couple more 19 round, silver base magazines for my 9mm X Five Allround and can’t find any. A WTS ad on this forum lists one for $170 and that tells me I am out of luck unless I pay an exorbitant price.

Are the standard P226 magazines compatible? What are some other options?

Thank you.

Posts: 29 | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that $170 for the mag is ridiculous. And, I don't care who you are.
Even GB's prices are cheaper. Still high ($140), but way cheaper.

Yes, regular P226 mags will work in the Allround. The Allround is just a fancy P226.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, that $170 for the mag is ridiculous. And, I don't care who you are.
Even GB's prices are cheaper. Still high ($140), but way cheaper.

Yes, regular P226 mags will work in the Allround. The Allround is just a fancy P226.

Thank you

The Constable
posted Hide Post
I have half a dozen Mec-Gar , anti friction coating mags for my AA...they work fine.

You can buy aftermarked aluminum base pads too if You wish....makes them look more like the Factory X mags.

http://trt-tac.com/Full-and-ex...ity-magazines_c9.htm

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The X5 Allround ships with standard P226 magazines that have the rubber base plate on them.

NOT the X-5 magazines with the +2 aluminium base plates

There is nothing special or overpriced about them at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
The X5 Allround ships with standard P226 magazines that have the rubber base plate on them.

NOT the X-5 magazines with the +2 aluminium base plates

There is nothing special or overpriced about them at all.

Agree on all counts. Still, he was looking for the factory extended 19-rounders, and these are way overpriced currently.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I thought I remembered standard magazines would fit and it is good to confirm. Mine shipped with a single 10 round mag and I purchased a couple of the 19 round/silver base mags and was looking for a couple more. $170 was a bit steep but I have no problem with the other options.

Thanks again.

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Look at TRT tactical for some base pad options. I used modified Mec Gar 18 rounders on my X5 comp

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the original X5 magazine basepads metal or plastic? If they're plastic, someone could send theirs off to a 3D printing prototyper and have it laser scanned and a data file made with the instructions to have it printed by anyone at home.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
Are the original X5 magazine basepads metal or plastic? If they're plastic, someone could send theirs off to a 3D printing prototyper and have it laser scanned and a data file made with the instructions to have it printed by anyone at home.

Aluminum.

Q

posted Hide Post
TRT Tactical sells both mags and base pads. I picked up some base pads because I am limited to 15 rounds.

http://trt-tac.com/P226-X-Five-basepads_c16.htm

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post