SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got Gen 5 G26
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got Gen 5 G26 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Looks like single pin along with the modified fire control system is the new direction for the 9mm and .380 Glocks. I find this set up easier to disassemble and work on. I guess time will tell if it holds up.

As to the orange mag followers, I like those as well. I ordered some followers to put in some of my legacy mags. That said, after about 50 rounds, they are pretty much black again.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Will the Gen 5 pistols fit into holsters from previous generations?

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

A snippet from the article Rogue posted:
quote:
Holster Compatibility
Because there are some new dimensions, not every holster on the market will work with the Gen5. However, most of what we tested them in worked just fine. Some of them were a bit tight and had less of a positive lock because of the right side slide stop arm.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

My Gen 5 G19 fits nearly all of the holsters I've tried with no issues.

A couple of the holsters have required a bit of an extra shove at the last 1/4 inch or so of holstering, due to the new ambi slide lock lever on the right side of the frame hanging up slightly on the lip of the holster.

But most holsters either don't even cover that part, or are generously sized enough that there's no interference.

And I suspect someone will come out with an aftermarket single-sided slide lock lever shortly, which will alleviate even that minor issue for folks who have no use for an ambi slide lock lever.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
In addition to the ones you've mentioned, there are a number of additional changes.

No finger grooves on the Gen 5.

The trigger mechanism is different on the Gen 5s as well. More like the G42/G43 than the traditional Glock.

And more. Nearly all internal parts are different on the Gen 5s.

This article does a good job comparing the differences between the Gen 5s and Gen 4s.

http://www.recoilweb.com/insid...ck-gen-5-129141.html

This is why I’m sticking with my Gen 2/3’s I have enough parts to rebuild around 12 complete internals plus 1 G19 slide and 1 G17 slide.

I think the changing of the internal parts is a mistake on Glocks part

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Each came with 3 Orange follower mags.
Range report this weekend
I find this intriguing. Photos?

Para - the followers can be bought and added to old mags too I think. I haven't tried yet myself. For sale @ Brownells

Posts: 185 | Registered: July 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Range report:
420 rounds, split equally between the 2 pistols. All shooting done at 10 yards.
-20 rounds 115 sig V crown hollow points (my usual 9mm carry round);
-200 rounds Sig 115 FMJ;
-100 rounds 115 Lawman;
-100 rounds Fed Am Eagle 115 FMJ;
Not much to say except awesome. Typical 26 reliability (perfect). One ragged hole with all the ammo. Grip without grooves feels great in my hand. Sig and Lawman is the hotter of the ammo and both were a pleasure. The Federal was noticeably more mild, but just as accurate.
Great pistols

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
I was thinking that the finger groove would be a missed feature on the shorter framed G26. Thoughts?

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, the thing feels great in my hand. The grip has the Gen 4 texture, and between that and the fact these pistols have so little recoil there is no issue about the grip at least for me. The straight front strap makes the grip feel a little smaller to me as well which I really like

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Nope, the thing feels great in my hand. The grip has the Gen 4 texture, and between that and the fact these pistols have so little recoil there is no issue about the grip at least for me. The straight front strap makes the grip feel a little smaller to me as well which I really like

Good to know. Thanks.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post