SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got Gen 5 G26
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got Gen 5 G26 Login/Join 
posted
2 actually. They came into my dealer today at around 2:00. I just happened by shortly after. Love the new feel, so I grabbed consecutive serial numbers. Each came with 3 Orange follower mags.
Range report this weekend

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I look forward to your range report. Smile

I've been quite curious about the Gen 5 26 and 34.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Each came with 3 Orange follower mags.
I find this intriguing. Photos?

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It's a Gen 5 feature. Here's a few photos of some 17's and 19's. I'd love to see the 26.

https://epictactical-p4fnmps8q...2017/09/IMG_5286.jpg - Huge image.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Working on it. Hate to say it but I need my wife to post photos. Will do it over weekend

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SGT45
posted Hide Post
What are the differences between the G26G4 and G26G5? Just the Barrel, orange followers, slide lock and spring? Thanks- Just wondering if there are any major differeces.

SGT 45
P320 Compact 9mm w/ MS (3)
P320 Compact 9mm FDE
P320 Compact/Carry 9mm FDE
P320 Compact .45 w/MS
P938
P229
--- Lots of Glocks

Posts: 437 | Location: Gettysburg,PA USA | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
In addition to the ones you've mentioned, there are a number of additional changes.

No finger grooves on the Gen 5.

The trigger mechanism is different on the Gen 5s as well. More like the G42/G43 than the traditional Glock.

And more. Nearly all internal parts are different on the Gen 5s.

This article does a good job comparing the differences between the Gen 5s and Gen 4s.

http://www.recoilweb.com/insid...ck-gen-5-129141.html

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Ordered a Glock 34 Gen 5, should be here next week.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Well hell. Now you guys have me out Glock shoppin.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I really want a 19X, but not in baby poo brown.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
2 actually. They came into my dealer today at around 2:00. I just happened by shortly after. Love the new feel, so I grabbed consecutive serial numbers. Each came with 3 Orange follower mags.

Did the Gen 5 G26 have finger grooves?
My Gen 2.5 does, but they are smooth.

quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I really want a 19X, but not in baby poo brown.

I'm right there with you Brother.. Big Grin
Luv the gun, hate the color, and I don't Cerakote anything.
I'll have a metal part refinished/plated, but no paint and bake-on crap for my firearms.

Hopefully they will offer a 19X in black.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Nice, I ordered one from my local Glock Blue Label dealer. No idea when it will arrive.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did the Gen 5 G26 have finger grooves?
My Gen 2.5 does, but they are smooth.

No finger grooves on the Gen 5 G26.

One of the changes I like that I didn't see already mentioned is the Gen 5 G26 comes with a smooth trigger not the serrated one.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the changes I like that I didn't see already mentioned is the Gen 5 G26 comes with a smooth trigger not the serrated one.

Same with the Gen5 G19 and 19X. It seems that Glock no longer needs the so-called "target trigger" to make the ATF happy with its latest.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

Same with the Gen5 G19 and 19X. It seems that Glock no longer needs the so-called "target trigger" to make the ATF happy with its latest.

Either that, or they are doing a more "import-style" configuration when importing, and using their sizable Georgia factory to convert them to "world standard" versions. That way, they only need a small, rotating pool of "import compliance" parts.

Either that, or they finally convinced ATF their trigger meets the definition of "target trigger" and their grip without the finger grooves meets the definition of "target grips," both of which count for GCA68 import points.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I have been on the fence about a G26 the last few years, the gen 5 may push me over. My gen 5 G17 has become my favorite Glock bar none. It took the title from my gen 2 G17 because of the smaller grip, better texture, and better magazine release (to me).

Good news about the trigger also, means I won't have to switch it over myself.

On a personal note I hate colored followers and I don't really like the longer baseplates on the gen 5 17 mags. Those mags stayed in the case that went in the closet and I have just been using my standard "multi-gen" G17 mags.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I don't really like the longer baseplates on the gen 5 17 mags. Those mags stayed in the case that went in the closet and I have just been using my standard "multi-gen" G17 mags.

You don't need to waste perfectly good magazines... You can just slide off the longer Gen 5 baseplates and install earlier Gen baseplates.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a gun with red followers and I’ve gotta say, I really like them.

Visually it’s easier to see how many rounds are in the mag. Unless it’s super bright, seeing if it’s a black little hole or a brass little hole is useless.

Also, it stands out when checking to make sure a gun is clear.

I don’t envision myself checking a mag mid gun fight to see how many rounds I have left or anything, it’s just a mild help at the range loading mags.

I wish more companies would make their followers orange or red. I was surprised to find how much I preferred them.

Congrats on the new gun!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I Would like to try a gen 5 g26 with Pearce +1. I’ve said before, the grooves on a g26 and or g17/34 never irked me like on The 19. I’ve actually learned to live with the grooves on my 19 to the point that the gen 5 felt odd. I am curious if the 26 will be the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may have to retire the 43 for one of those.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post