SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W Model 41 .22
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Model 41 .22 Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
I'd been on the lookout for one of these for a while, and put some money down on one.

Considering the school walkouts and other "gun control" "protests," I thought I'd do my part. So I picked this up today:

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me likey. I shot an intramural Navy shooting league once. We went out to the range and I was expecting some shot out old 45's or M9's. Lo and behold they trotted out a dozen S&W 41's. I have wanted my own ever since.

Nice pick up.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nice. A Clark and a 5" factory. I had 3 or 4 41s Arc. They shoot beautiful. I had a pristine 46 as well. Broke my heart to let the 46 go as many were used hard by Air Force pistol teams. Mine was perfect. Now you need a 7" to complete the set. Dont settle for no red ramp sight either. BTW, if you can find one, there is a .22 Short conversion for it too.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Oh, I might pick up another, but right now I'm just going to put a micro-dot on the Clark.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
My father had a 7.5 inch with brake and a 5" heavy barrel.

He won many competitions with it.

Wonderful handgun, accuracy is incredible.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one dated from the 70's. I love shooting that gun!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get any better that that. I've had a 5" since the late 70s. Gave $200 for it new.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. Best trigger of any pistol I own. I find it a bit heavy for my taste, but that just means I need to work out more and eat my Wheaties. Wink

(PS: I know heaver is better for target guns, but after three rounds of bullseye practice, I get a bit shaky.)

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I had one for many years and traded it for something that I can't remember. One of the dumbest things I've ever done. It was a 5" and I could hit pop cans at 50 and 75 yards with that thing.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
I have one. Best trigger of any pistol I own. I find it a bit heavy for my taste, but that just means I need to work out more and eat my Wheaties. Wink

(PS: I know heaver is better for target guns, but after three rounds of bullseye practice, I get a bit shaky.)

Re: “heaver is better for target guns”.

I don’t claim expertise, but that’s contrary to what I usually hear.

Congrats on your purchase Arc.

Edit: Ah. You mean that the pistol is too heavy – rather than its trigger.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It does have a heavy feel to it, but not much more than one of my Ruger MkII's.

Frankly, I'd shot one ages ago and thought I'd just "pick one up" at some point. I haven't seen one at a range or in a store, in a long, long time.

It's probably because they are a bit spendy for a .22, whether you find an old one or new production.

It's worth it though, great trigger, and I like that I can have a barrel with a dot, and a barrel with open sights.

Arc.

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I had one for years, and traded it away for something I probably dont have any more. I would never have been as good as that 41 was, anyway. Nice score, Arc.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That weight is to help you steady that fine pistol on target. Same as your awsome M1A. I'll forever remember the first X ring tight group I shot in the back yard with that 5" barrel.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one just like it, Arc. I also bought the the same after market barrel and put an Aimpoint H1 on it. You will love this setup..
Congrats on the nice score!!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had one since time and my life began. There is simply nothing better. have fun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I have two M-41's and a M-46. Over the years when I find a bargain I buy it. Just passed on a beautiful, early gun for $600.

I luckily found a red ramp equipped, 5" Sport barrel a few years back and snagged it.

Nothing like a M-41. You are going to really enjoy it.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
As far as getting a .22 with an even longer barrel, I do have something of a rare MkII:

Arc.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Thats awesome. Held one in the store years ago, always liked them.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
I definitely prefer the grip angle of the 41.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I kick myself to this day for not buying a 5 inch 41 with the extended front sight. Had the box, 5 mags and was pristine for 800.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post