SIGforum
S&W Model 41 .22

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9560047044

May 16, 2018, 01:10 PM
arcwelder
S&W Model 41 .22
Took it to the range, got the Ultradot dialed in.

It's an absolute laser. You could probably write your name at 50ft.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

May 16, 2018, 01:17 PM
fritz
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Nice! And worth posting the pic again.

I picked up a 41 quite a few years ago, when S&W put on a big pistol demo days promotion at a nearby range. They are pleasant to shoot and really quite accurate. I need to shoot mine more often.
May 16, 2018, 01:33 PM
arcwelder
This one goes in the permanent collection for sure. Accuracy is excellent, the trigger is wonderful, and you yank the trigger guard and you're back to irons.

Are they expensive for a .22 pistol? Yes.

And I wish I bought one 20 years ago, I'd still have it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

May 16, 2018, 09:43 PM
David Lee
The posts on page 2 about CCI SV ammo are spot on. Its not too expensive, its reliable, accurate and very clean. Snag every 100 round box you see. Now that's ironed out, you must break the trigger on a High Standard target model... Cool They are very refined for old school rim fire guns.
May 18, 2018, 08:30 AM
RichardC
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
The posts on page 2 about CCI SV ammo are spot on. Its not too expensive, its reliable, accurate and very clean. Snag every 100 round box you see. Now that's ironed out, you must break the trigger on a High Standard target model... Cool They are very refined for old school rim fire guns.

https://www.targetsportsusa.co...nose-0035-p-884.aspx

May 18, 2018, 09:50 AM
David Lee
Well it's gotten a bit more expensive, same price as Green Tag used to be. I think its just the rim fire market. Still great ammo.
May 19, 2018, 06:45 PM
greekfed
I bought this one new in 1970. The original heavy barrel was vented and I also have a Bully barrel and a factory S&W barrel for optics. The grips are Hogue Kingwood that I slimmed down ahd Hogue refinished.

May 19, 2018, 07:17 PM
David Lee
Good looking 41 greekfed. There was a factory built variation of the 41 built back just a few years which was quite different. I know there are a couple Members here who have them.
May 19, 2018, 07:52 PM
greekfed
Actually, the venting was done recently. This was originally just a normal Heavy Barrel model 41.

Sorry for the confusion!

May 21, 2018, 04:26 AM
David Lee
I read your above post correctly but, there was/is a total different model of the 41 which showed up a few years back. It had some radical height rib and maybe FO front sight. Im sure it only appealed to a select crowd as its bullseye shooting features had been all but taken away. OK, it was a Performance Center Model.