SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    KARMA - Play this game for a chance to win *** PROTO-1 *** >>>>>> Results | Answers p. 4 <<<<<<
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA - Play this game for a chance to win *** PROTO-1 *** >>>>>> Results | Answers p. 4 <<<<<< Login/Join 
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
How about the Seven Seas

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
How about the Seven Wonders of the World

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Results: No one got it, although a couple of you almost got there (Excam_Man and Snake207). Five are easy, and that are what you got. Two are a little more challenging. All explained below.

Answers:

1- SIGforum (& Parabellum): If SIGforum didn’t exist, and Para didn’t own it, this thread would not have been possible.

2- Lee Salter: If he and his team back in the 80s hadn’t decided to tinker with the idea of a compact P226, there wouldn’t have been a PROTO-1.

3- Waynewash: If Lee hadn’t willed PROTO-1 to waynewash, he wouldn’t have signed up on here seeking info on PROTO-1.

4- SIG NH: This thread wouldn’t have been possible, if SIG NH hadn’t failed to work out an agreement to bring PROTO-1 home, once with waynewash and twice with me. The last time, I even offered to donate it for free. Things were heading in the right direction, almost there, then they simply ghosted me, despite many attempts to reach them, crickets. Weird.

5- The Auction: of course the auction. If it didn’t take place, who knows where PROTO-1 would have ended up.

6- 3/30: I deliberately started this thread at 3:30 on March 16, mentioned that it would be run for 2 weeks (until 3/30), posted the update on 3/30, because there were no correct guessers. I was hoping someone would pick up on 3/30 and dig further in past threads,
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...440098124#6440098124
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...030003864#8030003864

If I didn’t pop out that day, this thread would not exist. Big Grin

7- 4/30: I deliberately picked this day to end the Karma, and mentioned it in the OP more than once, hoping someone would pick up on it and dig further, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...240059864#1240059864

If South Viet Nam didn’t fall, chances are that I wouldn’t be sitting here writing this as a proud Oriental Redneck American. LOL!

So, there is no winner of PROTO-1. It goes back in the safe.

But, I decided to offer up the P228 below to one of the closest guessers (Excam_Man and Snake207).
I flipped the coin, and Snake207 is the winner, that is, if he wants the P228. The gun started life as the M11-A1 that I bought new in 2012 from OttoSig (when he was FFL). I sold the upper assembly years ago. Had SIG NH build me the P228 Nickel slide that is on the gun right now. So, the M11-A1 is now a FrankenP228. It does accept the 229-1 mag, since the frame is M11-A1 originally. Comes with three 17-rd (15+Plus2) 229-1 mags as shown and the original case. The trigger on the gun right now is the GGI original P-series Pistol Intermediate Trigger (P-SPIT) trigger that has since been discontinued.

Q

Posts: 26348 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Congradulations to the almost winners!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wholly cow, made top two. Eek
I would have never come up with the last two.

Congrats to Snake207

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad it’s staying where it belongs!

And happy (very) belated birthday!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:

And happy (very) belated birthday!

Indeed....happy belated birthday, Dr. Vu.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
No way!!!! Eek
Holy Cow!!!

Q - I’m speechless! Thank you for your amazing and continuous generosity. I’m honored and humbled to win. I can’t say thank you enough!

Thank you to Para for this great forum that I’ve called home for almost 15 years now. I’ve met an amazing group of people through this forum, both virtually and in person.

It’s only fair that as the recipient of such a great karma, that I offer one of my own...so stay tuned!

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post