SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FS P320 vs FS M&P 2.0 9mm.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FS P320 vs FS M&P 2.0 9mm. Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
S&W M&P...they are by far a better fit for me. (Actually I'd prefer my Glocks to both...)

The P320 is a good firearm, its just didn't work our for me.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
quote:
I am quite satisfied wiht my P320F. However the grip is/was much too round. I flattened my grip with a belt sander so that the sides are quite flat, with some roundness on the corners. When the X-5 carry grips are available in the large size, I will try one of those.

My pistol shoots 2" groups at 50 yards, I do not belive the M&P 2.0 pistols shoot anywhere near that. In the JLJones thread 2.0 , he mentioned the great ergonomics and great trigger of the M&P, but that the accuracy was only 4"-4.5" at 25 yards once broken in. My P320 is shooting 1" at that distance. With care, I can put in multiple rounds in a 1/2" group at 7 yards, unsupported. That shows a great trigger as well as an accurate barrel.

Do you have any pictures of those groupings? I probably am not nearly as steady as you being well into my 60s but I can't match that with any of my guns(unsupported). Don't get me wrong I am not saying you can't do it, I just would like to see groups that tight.

Let me work on that. However the action range is often shooting at 10 yards, so the group will be a little wider.

On the 50 yard group, it was Bruce himself who tested my gun after GGI worked on it. He reported to my that mine was shooting 2" at 50 yards.

A couple of things. Have you shot your P320 after 10-12k to see what kind of group size that it is shooting? Because my M&P 2.0 would shoot right along side the P320 when new. It is sorta funny that we comparing apples and Volkswagens. Also, it is worth pointing out that even so, it is a sample size of one. My 5 inch 2.0 doesn't seem to be having any problems, nor is my 2.0 Compact.

Have you shot a one inch group at 25 with your pistol? How many round group? Free style, or off of rest? I ask all of that because when claims start to get made, it is important to understand that "OH I SHOT A ONE INCH GROUP AT 25" (from a ransom rest) is far different from a 4 inch group off hand at 25. I have no idea what my worn 2.0 would shoot from a ransom rest.

Bottom line, both cases are a sample size of one. I never owned a 320 (and still don't) that was a 1 inch gun at 25, or a two inch gun at 50 (out of the box). All of my P320s shoot about a 2-3 inch group at 25 and 4-5 inch group at 50. (3 shot group from a rest, with ammo that isn't junk)

Most of the modern service pistols are about the same performance wise. Which is great, because we live in great times. I don't know that one is head and shoulders above the other, and much comes down to preference.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
quote:
I am quite satisfied wiht my P320F. However the grip is/was much too round. I flattened my grip with a belt sander so that the sides are quite flat, with some roundness on the corners. When the X-5 carry grips are available in the large size, I will try one of those.

My pistol shoots 2" groups at 50 yards, I do not belive the M&P 2.0 pistols shoot anywhere near that. In the JLJones thread 2.0 , he mentioned the great ergonomics and great trigger of the M&P, but that the accuracy was only 4"-4.5" at 25 yards once broken in. My P320 is shooting 1" at that distance. With care, I can put in multiple rounds in a 1/2" group at 7 yards, unsupported. That shows a great trigger as well as an accurate barrel.

Do you have any pictures of those groupings? I probably am not nearly as steady as you being well into my 60s but I can't match that with any of my guns(unsupported). Don't get me wrong I am not saying you can't do it, I just would like to see groups that tight.

Let me work on that. However the action range is often shooting at 10 yards, so the group will be a little wider.

On the 50 yard group, it was Bruce himself who tested my gun after GGI worked on it. He reported to my that mine was shooting 2" at 50 yards.

A couple of things. Have you shot your P320 after 10-12k to see what kind of group size that it is shooting? Because my M&P 2.0 would shoot right along side the P320 when new. It is sorta funny that we comparing apples and Volkswagens. Also, it is worth pointing out that even so, it is a sample size of one. My 5 inch 2.0 doesn't seem to be having any problems, nor is my 2.0 Compact.

Have you shot a one inch group at 25 with your pistol? How many round group? Free style, or off of rest? I ask all of that because when claims start to get made, it is important to understand that "OH I SHOT A ONE INCH GROUP AT 25" (from a ransom rest) is far different from a 4 inch group off hand at 25. I have no idea what my worn 2.0 would shoot from a ransom rest.

Bottom line, both cases are a sample size of one. I never owned a 320 (and still don't) that was a 1 inch gun at 25, or a two inch gun at 50 (out of the box). All of my P320s shoot about a 2-3 inch group at 25 and 4-5 inch group at 50. (3 shot group from a rest, with ammo that isn't junk)

Most of the modern service pistols are about the same performance wise. Which is great, because we live in great times. I don't know that one is head and shoulders above the other, and much comes down to preference.

BTT hoping for some information on this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both a 5" 2.0 and a FS P320. I also own some 1.0 M&P's, and was all about that line. Up until I got the P320. The trigger is better on the 2.0 than the 1.0's, no doubt. And I thought it was great at first. But then I got the P320 (post update) and realized it has a much better trigger out of the box. So much more crisp once you hit the wall. The hinged trigger and take up didn't bother me on the 2.0, and it has a nice reset. But the wall is just "thicker" on it, if you will, but quite a bit. So I installed an Apex flat face kit in it. That put the trigger pretty much even with the stock P320.

But I still just shoot the P320 better. It's so much easier for me to get tight groups at any range with it. And I can shoot great groups faster with it, too. Actually, the P320 seems to like quicker shooting, where I have to be pretty slow and deliberate with the 2.0 to get decent groups. And even then, it does not produce quite the groups I get with the Sig.

I know that varies by shooter, so I'm sure not universally true.

Both guns have been reliable, but the 2.0 gave me a few breach not open after the last shell from the mag a few times during breakin. That seemed to disappear after a few 100 rounds, though. The Sig has been perfect.

I got the 2.0 cheap on a Black Friday deal, so adding the $165 Apex trigger didn't hurt too bad. But when I add that in and the fact that the Sig has tritium sights, I think the Sig is a better value overall, especially if you're looking at more normal every day prices on them. It's not even close then, if you find you need to do an Apex trigger.

Seemed like I was always doing some kind of mod on the S&W's. I love that I'm running my Sig's box stock. I bought a P320 compact now also, and it has become my EDC. I feel better about carrying a non-modified gun as my EDC.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post