SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPQ polygonal barrels
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPQ polygonal barrels Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The P99 Compact is still in production, and there's the PPS as well, so I don't think we'll see it, but a PPQ Compact would probably be a great pistol. Maybe Walther will surprise us at SHOT.

The p99/p99c are two of the best kept secrets in semi-auto handguns and very unique being a striker fired with decocker. Hidden gems, imo.

Posts: 635 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:

The p99/p99c are two of the best kept secrets in semi-auto handguns and very unique being a striker fired with decocker. Hidden gems, imo.

Yup, Love the P99 (& P99c) for that feature. The trigger is great, too. I wish magazines were a bit cheaper, though.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
This is the newest PPQ. pretty much the same size as P99C. 10 round magazine with and without pinky extender]

Call them "pinky cheaters", just for fun. Smile

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, I suppose Walther is clearing the decks in advance of the PPQ Compact. Here's evidence of that:

Walther P99C AS in 9x19 for 369.00

Currently, 33 pistols are available. I have one of these inbound to me. These are not refurbished pistols. I wasn't planning on such a purchase, but the price simply cannot be beat.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107180 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, I suppose Walther is clearing the decks in advance of the PPQ Compact. Here's evidence of that:

They also lowered their standard First Responder/LEO pricing for the PPQ M2 by $100 between November and the end of the year. I ended up buying a 4” 9mm and a PPQ 22 because of the price cut. I wonder if they had the sale so that people would commit to the platform and now want an SC to go with their compact or full size pistol? I know I do.

Posts: 12427 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When purchasing a PPQ M2, be careful of the mag release. The first runs had a very light spring resulting in mag drops. This occurred if your hand size/shape resulted in a hold that pressed the mag release because of its location. The spring can be easily replaced with one that increases the pressure. This problem is well documented on the Walther Forum & Walther will send replacement springs to those who ask. I had multiple mag drops during a class. My testing of the original spring resulted in 2lbs of pressure would release the mag. My Glock 19 was 7lbs & the release is nowhere near my hand. A couple of Sigs came to about 5lbs ea.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4245 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the PPQ Compact will be available only in an M2 version, and I favor the paddle release with these pistols, as I'm sure do many others who like the P99 line of pistols.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I like the paddle release as well, my G34 extended release digs into my hand, on the PPQ and VP9 the paddles make for a nicer grip. JMO YMMV.

LGS here has quite a few Walther products on sale, from PPS to 5 inch PPQ in 40...

Posts: 23193 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Call me crazy, but I think the P99 is about to be discontinued altogether. Only the AS version is still being produced (in full size and compact versions) and now that the PPQ is going full line with the introduction of the compact, I think the DA/SA P99 is going away.

Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Call me crazy, but I think the P99 is about to be discontinued altogether. Only the AS version is still being produced (in full size and compact versions) and now that the PPQ is going full line with the introduction of the compact, I think the DA/SA P99 is going away.

I am anxious to read your review on the P99C AS.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd like to take that as a vote of confidence in the PPQ, Walther will give it full attention which can only help PPQ owners and sales, no?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I will say that something about the P99 feels like higher quality when compared to the PPQ. Perhaps the frame material? The polymer on the PPQ’s always struck me as a bit cheap.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I will say that something about the P99 feels like higher quality when compared to the PPQ. Perhaps the frame material? The polymer on the PPQ’s always struck me as a bit cheap.

I agree. Similar to how the P30 feels like a higher quality pistol compared to the VP9.

Para please let us know your impressions on the P99c.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Back in 08-09, I was looking seriously at the P99as, but at the time I could only find ones in the mid-$700 range. And more importantly, I found the trigger guard area and trigger to be . . . well, cramped. I can't think of a better way to describe it, but I just couldn't get comfortable with the trigger placement and pull -- it felt all bunched up. I was disappointed, but ended up going with the CZ PCR.

Later, I picked up a PPQ (paddle release), which was much roomier and comfortable to me, followed by the PPQ .45 (unfortunately in button release). A few months ago, I handled a P99as to see if I was just being too picky way back when, but I immediately got that cramped feeling again. A shame, because otherwise, I would pick one in a heartbeat.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holger Danske:
Interesting. Back in 08-09, I was looking seriously at the P99as, but at the time I could only find ones in the mid-$700 range. And more importantly, I found the trigger guard area and trigger to be . . . well, cramped. I can't think of a better way to describe it, but I just couldn't get comfortable with the trigger placement and pull -- it felt all bunched up. I was disappointed, but ended up going with the CZ PCR.

Later, I picked up a PPQ (paddle release), which was much roomier and comfortable to me, followed by the PPQ .45 (unfortunately in button release). A few months ago, I handled a P99as to see if I was just being too picky way back when, but I immediately got that cramped feeling again. A shame, because otherwise, I would pick one in a heartbeat.

I was just thinking about this as I’ve been wearing gloves during the extreme cold and noticed my PPQ and P320C offer more room than my G19. I was trying to recall the trigger guard area on my old P99...thanks for the reminder. I think I still may grab a P99C though...Can’t beat the current pricing.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Walther P99C AS in 9x19 for 369.00

Currently, 33 pistols are available. I have one of these inbound to me. These are not refurbished pistols. I wasn't planning on such a purchase, but the price simply cannot be beat.

Para -

I’m currently $369 poorer thanks to you...

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Me too

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I'm so tempted right now... Something I don't need but the price is right.... Hmmmmm

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
I'm so tempted right now... Something I don't need but the price is right.... Hmmmmm

Shipping is cheap too....just sayin’ Wink

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:

I’ve owned this particular model before (sold it to pay for my MBA). I would pay double the price without blinking if that is what it cost.

The sweetest shooting subcompact you will ever fire, IMHO.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post