SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 cocking cycle observation and questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 cocking cycle observation and questions Login/Join 
Picture of pensfan
posted
I apologize if I am double posting. I tried to search for this topic but maybe I'm not using the correct terms.

I have 2 P320s, one compact one full size. They both have the upgraded trigger work done from Sig. During dry fire practice, with the trigger not depressed, they both "reset" when I move the slide back about half an inch. I hear 2 clicks and I can dry fire/pull the trigger normally.

On the full size, if I keep the trigger depressed after pulling the trigger, I can move the slide to the rear about half an inch and it will reset/cock and I can release the trigger and press it again to dry-fire.

On the compact, if I keep the trigger depressed after pulling the trigger, I have to move the slide back almost the full length before it will reset/cock.

I've swapped slides and frames and trigger assemblies and the behavior moves/stays with the compact slide. They both have the Disconnect notch shown on Sig's website for differences before and after upgrades.

Is this the new normal? What did I miss?

Posts: 270 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: April 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Look at the slide internals - your compact likely had the longer slide lightening cuts in it before the modification, making it having to travel full length before reset.

See if it looks like this one on the right vs the left.

More here.

Request for pictures of completed "voluntary upgrade" slides (P320)

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pensfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Look at the slide internals - your compact likely had the longer slide lightening cuts in it before the modification, making it having to travel full length before reset.

See if it looks like this one.

It does look like that. Thank you for the simple explanation. I guess I need to learn more about how they function. ConfusedSmile

Posts: 270 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: April 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were numerous types of lightening cuts made on the slides of P320's; it's not a compact vs. full size issue.

The lightning cuts vary in size and location; I have a number of P320 carry's and there are multiple styles of holes and cuts inside the slide where metal was milled away. Where these cuts are will change the reset point for dry firing. It makes no difference in function when actually shooting.

On my Compacts, some exhibit the ability to reset with the trigger held back, with only a short movement of the slide, while others take much farther slide travel to reset if the trigger is held back. Again, it makes no difference in function, and there's no perceptible difference in feel or finding the trigger reset when shooting.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post