SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hold on to P239?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hold on to P239? Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 239 may be the very last gun I sell. Everything I need and the Sig 357 does most everything well.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . is there a reason to hold on to it?

NO ! ! ! Absolutely NONE ! ! !

It's OLD, OBSOLETE, UGLY, HEAVY, and DIFFICULT TO SHOOT WELL ! ! !

Get rid of it IMMEDIATELY ! ! !

By sending it to me Wink

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of hoping they make the 225A in .40. That would be a peach.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tara, I bought one of the first ones when they first came out in the 90s. I loved the thing. Then, for some reason I sold it. About six months later, a friend was wanting to sell me his. I bought it. Still have it and won't make the same mistake again. If you get rid of it, you'll regret it!

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Kind of hoping they make the 225A in .40. That would be a peach.

I read somewhere (on the internet Roll Eyes) that they are waiting to see demand before doing it. W/ LE going back to 9mm, I don't see it happening.
But I didn't see the P225 coming back and the P239 being kicked to the curb, so...

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys. I don't shoot it much at all. I just love my Robert Burke Legion too much. Gonna give it a week or so to think on it but think I have decided Wink

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
Even if you could sell it for 5 times what it's worth today in 25 years is it worth not having what you want now?

This. So in 25 years you can sell it for $3k (absolute best case scenario)? Whoopty doo. Get what you want.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
If money and storage space are unlimited, then keep it. You would notice again and again that it shoots well and be glad you kept it.

But if you need to sell something to get something else to further the journey of gun discovery, then you can forgive yourself for selling it.

I wish I still had: the Mauser HSc, the Browning BDA (Sig P220), the P7M8, the Colt Series 70 Mk IV, etc. But by letting them go, I got to experience for a while a lot of other guns. This makes me a better shooter and a happier person in these later years.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not sold, yet? Razz

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
BOUGHT a P239 in .357 sig , with an extra .40 S&W and 4 mags tonight for $450. Always wanted one, never seemed to ever buy one.

Older gun, great shape, non nite sights, serial is SA4 95 8xx. Has the markings... "Sigarms Inc. Exeter-NH , frame made in Germany" on the frame.

How old?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7320040262

2007 ish???...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
FN in MT, that's a decent deal. Congrats. Mine has the space after the SA4 and is barely visible. I don't know for sure by I would date is closer to 1997-98 based on the Sigforum listing.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up last week, after selling 2 in the past.
Mags are both pricey and hard to find.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the information Gentleman.

I like changing out recoil springs on new acquisitions, especially on the .357's. Apparently recoil springs are tough to find as well. None at Brownells, Wolff, or SIG.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:

Thanks for the information Gentleman.

I like changing out recoil springs on new acquisitions, especially on the .357's. Apparently recoil springs are tough to find as well. None at Brownells, Wolff, or SIG.

FN in MT

Osage County Guns appears to have them in stock.

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...sauer-1200977-r.html

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Top Gun Supply had the .357/.40 springs too... On the way.

Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Made my decision Cool Wink

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Unless you run the hell out of your guns a well cared for top quality firearm will last a LONG time.

There are plenty of reasons to sell or trade a P239 for something else. Because it’s discontinued isn’t one, IMO.

if you shoot it well and it’s reliable and you like it, it would be foolish to get rid of it. It’s a hell of a gun.

If you are a person who only has the means or desire to have a single gun and you run the heck out of it get a Glock 19 or 1911 or maybe a Beretta 92 series as all those will have parts available even if new guns are banned for sale.

Point is the P239 will not turn to dust over night. Your magazines will not fail weeks later. It’s a quality, damn good gun. It will serve you well for years if not a generation.

My two cents.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Made my decision Cool Wink

Good decision. Cool

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You’ll be able to sell its mags for more $$ than the gun itself these days. Mags fetching stupid money. Your decision comes down pistol use vs need. The P239 is a good primary choice for daily edc if you reside in a state with mag capacity restrictions. I still own one but I think time and the competition have caught up with it as there other options that does with it does at less weight which is a significant factor. It’s advantage is its grip which I can get a quick hold on under speed or duress. Good luck with your decision

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post