SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hold on to P239?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hold on to P239? Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted
Now that they aren't making them anymore is there a reason to hold on to it? Collector's item?

Reason being I want to get a P229RX Legion as no gun has ever fit me better. So I may be selling a couple guns I really don't use much....

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
If you sell your P239 I won't be your friend anymore.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Odds are it will never be a collectors item in your lifetime. If you need/or want to sell it for whatever reason, I say go ahead.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe it will be collectible. I’ve seen specimens in very good shape (especially SAS) selling for stupid money. Magazines seem to be at premium prices and are strangely rare.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Even if you could sell it for 5 times what it's worth today in 25 years is it worth not having what you want now?

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

Well that settles it then. Wink Razz

Thanks guys. I am not one to keep things I don’t use. And, two is one, one is none. Smile

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

Well that settles it then. Wink Razz

Thanks guys. I am not one to keep things I don’t use. And, two is one, one is none. Smile

There you go. Go forth and sell, young lady. Smile

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
I shall! Cool Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I’ve been struggling with this same question. I think the only reason I’ve held on to mine so long it that it’s in 357sig. Probably will sell it but not yet... I think.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the 239 will be one of those guns you sell then regret immediately. It shoots too nice.

Every time I think of selling mine, I shoot it, and back in service it goes.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
While I have often contemplated selling my P239, so far I have been unable to bring myself to sell it, it's that good of a gun.

While I am currently in love with my G19 Gen 5 for CCW and nightstand duty, I have a fear that if I sold it, I would one day regret doing so, therefore it resides in my safe with occasional trips to the range.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree counselor. Everytime I buy something different because the grass always looks greener on the other side, I eventually go back to my 239.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently came up with a 239 in 40. Surprised at how well the little gun handled the cartridge. I was comparing it to my Glock 23, which is snappy and exhibits the worst trigger irritation when firing of anything I have ever shot.
I will ship mine back to Sig for re-hab and night sights. Its a keeper.
Now to find more mags....

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I regret selling mine. If you can afford to keep it, store it away. It's like land, it's not being made anymore...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold mine in 2006 and transitioned to a Glock 19. Have never regretted it nor have I looked back. The P239 was excellent for me but the Glock 19's capacity, light weight and non DA/SA trigger made the decision a no brainer. YMMV.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Too many were made for it to be a collectible, IMO - unless you have serial number 1 or 2.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the input gang. Much appreciated!!

Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
T mine might be worth a few bucks. I have the .357Sig and .40 barrels for it.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I'm just surprised I only have one. But it will probably suffice since I have all 3 barrels. Thankfully I don't run across them in my lgs or I might not be able to resist.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
My 239 40 cal shot like a target pistol. I wore the finish off carrying it. I was concerned about what sweat had done to the internals and let it go.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post