SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 trigger broke
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 trigger broke Login/Join 
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
I greatly appreciate it when our customers send in clean pistols. This shows courtesy and does indeed speed up our shop time. Unfortunately, at least a third come in requiring cleaning before we can do our thing. Do the math: multiply just 20 minutes of extra cleaning and handling time by 325 dirty guns, and we end up devoting nearly three weeks of shop time to this redundant task.
Now, consider what this costs SIG?

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sgtbrock
posted Hide Post
Has Sig made any comments about these broken triggers? I would like to buy one; however, until they get the slide lock back , sight moving and broken trigger problems fixed I am going to struggle along with my CZ 75 PCR!

Posts: 15 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgtbrock:
Has Sig made any comments about these broken triggers? I would like to buy one; however, until they get the slide lock back , sight moving and broken trigger problems fixed I am going to struggle along with my CZ 75 PCR!

Yeah man, I'll take the tried-and-true PCR over a new kid on the block any days.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear about your trigger. My 365 has been put back in the safe. It's going to stay there for a while until these reports calm down.

As for sending a gun back dirty...I do it every time I have to send it back. I'm not taking my own time to clean a gun that is defective only for the factory to send it back to me dirty.

If they want to speed up their turn around time, they should sell us better guns that don't need to be sent back. Wink

If I'm sending it in for custom work or upgrades, then I always send it in clean as a whistle.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, something has come lose on the trigger. Trigger does not work holding gun in the normal origination. Turn the gun upside down and the trigger works with no problem. Acts like a spring has broken or has come off. Waiting on paperwork to send to Sig.

Posts: 32 | Registered: September 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
sorry to hear about your trigger. My 365 has been put back in the safe. It's going to stay there for a while until these reports calm down

I guess that is one way of preventing anything from breaking on your gun!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Knock on wood, but I am at 600 rds on my P365 (Wednesday, Feb 21, 2018 production) with 115gr, 124gr and lots of 147gr fmj and jhp through it. No loose front sight, no floppy trigger, no trigger bar failure nor anything else that people are experiencing. Believe me, the failures did concern me.

So I loaded up six magazines and rapid fired and reloaded again until the slide couldn't be touched. That was 300rds. The indoor range guy told me to slow down since the noise carried out to the front display area, lol.

Has anybody done a poll of what production dates of the pistols that are failing?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Well, I’ll take the 365 off my list for a while. Too much crap on intro. Maybe in a year or so, but I’m losing interest pretty quick.

Maybe the 229 SAO, I just would like it non legion. I prefer other sights, and the SAO trigger doesn’t need the refinement of the DA/SA.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
I greatly appreciate it when our customers send in clean pistols. This shows courtesy and does indeed speed up our shop time. Unfortunately, at least a third come in requiring cleaning before we can do our thing. Do the math: multiply just 20 minutes of extra cleaning and handling time by 325 dirty guns, and we end up devoting nearly three weeks of shop time to this redundant task.
Now, consider what this costs SIG?

-Bruce

I certainly see your point. The counterpoint is Beretta. When I sent my Beretta Nano in for the extractor upgrade, I was asked if I would like them to clean and lubricate it for me. I took it as a thank you and an apology for a problem that never should have occurred. On the other hand, if I’m asking a custom shop (your shop for example) to do some work, I think a clean weapon is a simple courtesy and something that should be done. FWIW, I cleaned my P228 before it went back to SIG the last time even though they broke it. My Nano? I let Beretta clean it as I wanted it at full Beretta specs because if if didn’t work after the upgrade, I was going to ask for a refund and I didn’t want any claims I had done something to it.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

As for sending a gun back dirty...I do it every time I have to send it back. I'm not taking my own time to clean a gun that is defective only for the factory to send it back to me dirty.

If they want to speed up their turn around time, they should sell us better guns that don't need to be sent back. Wink

If I'm sending it in for custom work or upgrades, then I always send it in clean as a whistle.
This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
1400rds thru my primary P365, zero issues since it came back from the initial RTB issue (1400 number does not include the rounds fired with the RTB issue).

300rds thru my backup P365, zero issues.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
You aren't alone. Tim from Military Arms Channel just posted his with a broken trigger as well after several hundred rounds.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
That gun is cursed.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
My Ruger KP 93 and 94 have had zero problems. Don't see why engineers can't leave well enough alone instead of trying to improve something that needs no improvement. A mechanical trigger can only be so good. Oh wait-job security.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I am anxiously awaiting the release of the manual safety version for my concealed classes instruction. So I guess it is a good thing that all you beta testers are in full swing. Smile

Still faintly considering purchase of the current model for demo purposes until safety model is released, but would hate to get a flawed model and have to fool with return/repair, then resale of same without warranty.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
That gun is cursed.

It does seem that way at times. Too many times.

quote:
So I guess it is a good thing that all you beta testers are in full swing.

Better them than me, that's for certain.

Ultimately anyone who owns or is thinking of owning a 365 will have to decide for themselves as to whether they can depend and rely on the gun. From all of the discussion so far, the only thing that I know is that for now I'm not one who's pitched a tent in that camp.

In truth, even before the reports of failures I hadn't decided whether I actually want the gun for myself. I already have too many subcomps that I don't use for carry, and I've never had much of a problem with concealing and hauling around a G19-sized pistol on my person. But for the shop I had decided to place additional orders for the gun. I suppose that I can hope that the company has rectified any issues by the time they fulfill any order placed now, which I'd guess won't be until late this year or more likely sometime next year given the backlog and the meager numbers my rep says is the monthly output out of Newington (or Exeter or wherever the actual plant is). A bit of a tough call, but SIG does have a habit of properly addressing and taking care of such quality issues.

Eventually.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
My Ruger KP 93 and 94 have had zero problems. Don't see why engineers can't leave well enough alone instead of trying to improve something that needs no improvement. A mechanical trigger can only be so good. Oh wait-job security.

But then all you'd have is some big assed Ruger 9s. Wink

P365 is still very much a wait and see pistol for me. Fall 2019 maybe.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
This from MAC. One data point.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjK4tnfgm1-/

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My shooting partner bought one at the first of the month.
I put 100rds thru it & have decided to buy one next Spring.
Hes put 500rds through it on his own.
He's inspected all the brass for any odd marks on the rims & checked all the primers for issues that some folks have posted.
But his has had zero issues so far.

I hope to run another 100rds thru it next week.
He wants 800-1,000rds thru it to be sure.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
I want to thank all the members who posted in this and other related threads about the new P365.

Their feedback has been invaluable.

I have decided not to buy one of these pistols. There are too many things going wrong with them, albeit in small numbers of pistols. SIG has obviously rushed this gun into production.

I already had to send 1 new SIG P320 back to New Hampshire this year. Once is more than enough.

I will stick with my first model Walther PPS, which has never had any problems. The only thing I give up to the P365 over the PPS is cartridge capacity.

Thanks again for all the information the members have reported on here.

Mike

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post