SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 trigger broke
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 trigger broke Login/Join 
posted
Got my P365 Tuesday. Put 60 rounds through it n Friday, and today after 5 rounds. No more bang. Take the gun apart, and the trigger swing freely. Now have to wait until Monday to talk with Sig. Has anyone else had similar problem.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bible David,

Posts: 32 | Registered: September 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I still need to get mine out to the range and start trying it out.

What's the manufacture date on yours?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Manufacturing date 4/27/2018.

posted Hide Post
Waiting on mine to come back from Sig for the same/similar thing. My post was here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...990017144#3990017144

Posts: 16 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bible David:

Ugh... that's the same date mine was made.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens once I start shooting it.

SIG will take care of you and get your 365 squared up.

Please clean it up before sending it back to SIG, though. At my last job, we hated receiving dirty, ( and I mean DIRTY ) warranty return guns from customers. It basically told us that customer didn't truly care about/for their firearm.

In addition, it takes more time for that person in the warranty department to resolve the issue since they sometimes need to clean the firearm, ( at least the portion in question/needing repair ) to inspect it properly. The more time taken on a given firearm, the longer it takes for them to get to the next person's warranty return gun.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tyu:
Waiting on mine to come back from Sig for the same/similar thing. My post was here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...990017144#3990017144

The same thing. Just it was a dis-appointment with a great shooting gun. Just make sure your thumb is not close to the slide stop lever or the slide will not stay back after the last round.

Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:

Please clean it up before sending it back to SIG, though. At my last job, we hated receiving dirty, ( and I mean DIRTY ) warranty return guns from customers. It basically told us that customer didn't truly care about/for their firearm.

If I had a gun that broke at less than a month old I would be too pissed off to clean it before sending it in.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen this issue before with a new gun, the trigger spring kept popping off. After a few tries, I flipped the spring around and re-installed it. Gun has worked ever since.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
quote:

If I had a gun that broke at less than a month old I would be too pissed off to clean it before sending it in.

The disappointment is readily understandable, however the point I'm trying to make is that by not cleaning it before sending it back, it tends to slow the process down some and delays everyone else in line from getting their firearm back in a more timely manner.

An individual could say to themselves, 'fuck SIG, ( or whatever gun company it might be, ) they better just fix my shit, make it better than it was before and get it back to me like yesterday!'

In all actuality, that person isn't fucking SIG, ( or whichever company ) but instead, are fucking over fellow firearms owners who have, ( or are about to have, ) their guns in the warranty shop and now will be waiting longer.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
The disappointment is readily understandable, however the point I'm trying to make is that by not cleaning it before sending it back, it tends to slow the process down some and delays everyone else in line from getting their firearm back in a more timely manner.

An individual could say to themselves, 'fuck SIG, ( or whatever gun company it might be, ) they better just fix my shit, make it better than it was before and get it back to me like yesterday!'

In all actuality, that person isn't fucking SIG, ( or whichever company ) but instead, are fucking over fellow firearms owners who have, ( or are about to have, ) their guns in the warranty shop and now will be waiting longer.
Do you wash your car before taking it in for service?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Do you wash your car before taking it in for service?

Nope, but I don't take it out mud boggin' before getting the oil changed, either. Wink

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Do you wash your car before taking it in for service?[/QUOTE]
Yes

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Hadn't had a trigger break on any of mine. But I only have Smith's, Rugers, Glocks and West German Sigs. I have been chastised on this forum for speaking out somewhat of the less than stellar quality of some of the later offerings of some firearms manufacturers. But a broken trigger on a new gun? Give me a break. Pun intended.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of testfire
posted Hide Post
I actually have washed my car before taking it in for service. That way the if they use the fender covers when they are working on it, dirt underneath will not scratch the paint.

And sorry about your new gun breaking - that would frustrate me as well. Hopefully you get it back shortly better than new.

Posts: 386 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

That explains it...a Friday gun. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Three hundred totally trouble free rounds through mine thus far (knock on wood).

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In addition, it takes more time for that person in the warranty department to resolve the issue since they sometimes need to clean the firearm, ( at least the portion in question/needing repair ) to inspect it properly. The more time taken on a given firearm, the longer it takes for them to get to the next person's warranty return gun.

I always have cleaned my guns thoroughly before sending in for repairs. I would love it if they came back the same way but they never do. So it kinda goes both ways. Wink

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
quote:

I don’t think 60 rounds dirties up a gun enough that it needs to be cleaned to work on. Unless he’s shooting Brown bear or some equally dirty ammo.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
quote:
quote:

I always have cleaned my guns thoroughly before sending in for repairs. I would love it if they came back the same way but they never do. So it kinda goes both ways. Wink

I agree, but once again, it becomes a time factor plus, if management saw you doing uneeded, ( in their eyes Roll Eyes ) post-firing cleaning of a customer's firearm, something would usually be said.

Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Who cares whether the pistol is cleaned before the owner sends it for repair? And really, I wouldn't give a **** what the company thinks about it or me.

The original poster has a new pistol with a failed trigger! First the company has problems with the P320 ( and yes, I cleaned mine before I sent it in for the upgrade so I'm a good little boy, whoopie!), now this model, which I had been thinking of buying

What an asinine thread drift! Thank you Dear Abby, for your gun shipping etiquette lesson.

Geeeze!!!

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post