SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ** UPDATE Range Report Pg. 3** Time for a new Glock project
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** UPDATE Range Report Pg. 3** Time for a new Glock project Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
reminds me of Mr. Potato Head toys Big Grin

it's the only way I'd purchase a glock gun , if I could personalize it to my spec's

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If I were doing this, I might do the Polymer 80 compact frame. If your building, just do some more build work.

Also, I don't know if I'd do all stock Glock slide guts. I think I'd at least look for a machined billet striker.

I

I thought about the polymer 80 build and might still use one of their serialized frames when they become available in the future but I honestly want nothing to do with the whole ghost gun thing. The only problems I have had with all my builds are with aftermarket guts. Double taps, triggers not resetting, etc... I find a lot of the aftermarket parts are two polished and can cause these issues. With a (-) connector and a flat faced trigger using a 4lb striker spring I can get a trigger that’s perfect for me and runs completely reliable.

I totally agree with you on the ghost gun thing. I understand the why but I work in LE and it feels too hinky to be associated with.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot a Salient, and yes, its NICE! Super NICE!
Just not worth the price point for me. (And I can't use it for a duty gun)
I carry a G-21 on duty, and the G-19 for pretty much everything else. I did the trigger jobs on all my Glocks, and do think it helps. I got my stippling job & trigger guard on my G-19 done by Polymer Refined, and was super impressed with the job & turn-around time. The -19 just fits my hand better after the job.

How much more accuracy are you guys getting out of a KKM or a ZEV barrel

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AVG:
I have six Glocks and have upgraded five of them. Here are three one has a Timberwolf frame and a Adam Arms slide and barrel.The one on the right has a ZEV slide and KKM barrel.The Glock 19 i upped the trigger and sights only.

What did you do to the slide of the G19?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
^^^^Thats ones of the 19s that had a blued slide and said semper fi on it in gold. I think lipseys had them if I remember right.

At least i think i see the gold writing looking at it.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I carry a G-21 on duty, and the G-19 for pretty much everything else. I did the trigger jobs on all my Glocks, and do think it helps. I got my stippling job & trigger guard on my G-19 done by Polymer Refined, and was super impressed with the job & turn-around time. The -19 just fits my hand better after the job.

How much more accuracy are you guys getting out of a KKM or a ZEV barrel

For me it’s the combo of barrel and optic with a better trigger. I haven’t shot any of them off a bench but at 20-25 yards free standing with out support I can easily shoot and fist size group. At 10 yards or less it’s one hole about the size of a baby fist.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dusty
One of these days, Ill grab one of them for my -19

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Hey Dusty thank you for the quick response. and your pictures of the process...

I bet you are really pleased with the way they turned out.. Fun and rewarding to look at what you created... Well done!!!

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So I picked up the base gun today and started the build. It took me about 3 hours from start to finish.

Using the RTF frame made prepping the frame for stippling easier...less to sand off.

I tried something new with these modified accelerator cuts...cutting them more vertically. Feels great in the hand.

Used a fine tip for a nice tight stipple

The before

The after

I will get it to the range tomorrow for some testing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice work. I wish I was patient enough for that kind of detail work on the stippling.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Not sure how I'd never seen the accelerator cut mentioned before, I can see how that might be beneficial.

Nice looking work.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Using the RTF frame made prepping the frame for stippling easier...less to sand off.

Serial doesn't start with LAV. Please tell me that wasn't an original RTF2. Frown

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Serial doesn't start with LAV. Please tell me that wasn't an original RTF2. Frown

These are off the recent run of Gen 3 non-fishgill guns. Still widely available. They are a dime a dozen (for right now.) I have 2 more on the way (19 and 17 RTF2 frame’s only.)

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...k_g19rtf_9mm_15rd_fs

posted Hide Post
Did you fill the plug and do a frame reduction? It sure look flat on the back. I like it.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome! I like the smaller details like channeling the takedown lever. Looks like the grip reduction was in the works also. Sweet!

I've never tried a Suarez trigger. Let us know what you think.

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I had found a Salient frame and started from there as my budget allowed. Somehow the Salient trigger is made from pure CNC magic.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Those ZEV slides aren't really my cup o' tea but I do admire your stippling work. For your next one you should consider doing a cut-down Gen3 G34 or even a G17L! A ultra longslide G26 might be too crazy but one in a G19 size would be rather spiffy.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Years ago when the "You will buy a Glock" thread started I laughed and thought, "When hell freezes over!"

What I've seen done with Glocks in the last year or so has completely changed my way of thinking.

I know now that I WILL buy a Glock. Sigh...

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Those ZEV slides aren't really my cup o' tea but I do admire your stippling work. For your next one you should consider doing a cut-down Gen3 G34 or even a G17L! A ultra longslide G26 might be too crazy but one in a G19 size would be rather spiffy.

While I didn’t chop it I did pick up this 17L today. I had an extra 17 frame sitting around so I stippled it. The factory frame is untouched. It has Suarez tactical trigger with the factory (-) connector and a 4lb striker spring; makes for a really nice trigger pull. The Burris FF3 is on a Strike Industries GUM mount.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^ NICE!! ^^^

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a Glock guy, Not much of a fan at all. I don't dog on them, just not my thing. These though, are great looking, I bet they function as good as they look. Congrats, thanks for sharing.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post