SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ** UPDATE Range Report Pg. 3** Time for a new Glock project
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** UPDATE Range Report Pg. 3** Time for a new Glock project Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
So it’s that time again. I recently started ordering up the parts. So far...

Zev Hex slide in Black DLC
Agency Arms TiN Barrel non-threaded
Glock 19 RTF frame (yes it will be stippled)
Glock oem (-) connector
Suarez flat trigger
All other frame parts are stock Glock
Stock Glock slide guts (will be doing the Glock night sight free parts trick)
Ameriglo Suppressor night sights
Agency Arms magwell
Trijicon RMR RM06

I also ordered a new Glock 17L that will be getting some work too. Mostly trigger and will have the slide machined for a Burris FF3 which I already ordered. I really enjoy building these things...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. To me, the Glock and 1911 are the ar-15 of the pistol world. There are many options for them.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm planning on going down this road also in the next year or so. Really, just looking to run something in GSSF unlimited, but might as well have fun with it also. Probably get a Gen3 17 cheap (if I'm able to find one....saw some PD trade ins on Aimsurplus.com, but I'm not ready to buy yet) and build from there. Also trying to decide between the Trijicon RMR or Leopold Deltapoint.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the Glock slide parts trick work with a aftermarket slide or are you sending in a factory slide for night sights?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If I were doing this, I might do the Polymer 80 compact frame. If your building, just do some more build work.

Also, I don't know if I'd do all stock Glock slide guts. I think I'd at least look for a machined billet striker.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Does the Glock slide parts trick work with a aftermarket slide or are you sending in a factory slide for night sights?

No i’ll be sending in a stock stripped 19 slide. The RTF frame is actually part of a Gen 3 19 I ordered. Will use that frame on the build and orders a second gen 3 stripped frame for $75 that will go back on the plain Jane 19.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If I were doing this, I might do the Polymer 80 compact frame. If your building, just do some more build work.

Also, I don't know if I'd do all stock Glock slide guts. I think I'd at least look for a machined billet striker.

I thought about the polymer 80 build and might still use one of their serialized frames when they become available in the future but I honestly want nothing to do with the whole ghost gun thing. The only problems I have had with all my builds are with aftermarket guts. Double taps, triggers not resetting, etc... I find a lot of the aftermarket parts are two polished and can cause these issues. With a (-) connector and a flat faced trigger using a 4lb striker spring I can get a trigger that’s perfect for me and runs completely reliable.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Built one a while back. Started with an overstippled Gen2. I was able to pull it off without spending too much.

I never really set out to a particular brand or version of parts to work with, heck I had a box of parts already. The connectors look all the same in the box, but they can make a huge difference when paired with an adjustable trigger. Consider trying different parts if you can before settling for one. The shortest reset was a priority as well as smooth pull and a crisp break. Now the reset is short enough where it wouldn't reset with the other four connectors I had. Prime candidate for the 357 Sig carbine kit...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have six Glocks and have upgraded five of them. Here are three one has a Timberwolf frame and a Adam Arms slide and barrel.The one on the right has a ZEV slide and KKM barrel.The Glock 19 i upped the trigger and sights only.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got some pretty cool Glocks

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Built one a while back. Started with an overstippled Gen2. I was able to pull it off without spending too much.

I never really set out to a particular brand or version of parts to work with, heck I had a box of parts already. The connectors look all the same in the box, but they can make a huge difference when paired with an adjustable trigger. Consider trying different parts if you can before settling for one. The shortest reset was a priority as well as smooth pull and a crisp break. Now the reset is short enough where it wouldn't reset with the other four connectors I had. Prime candidate for the 357 Sig carbine kit...

I have tried a few: Zev, Agency, Suarez, etc... so far my setup has worked best for me. I’ve shot factory Zev, Agency, and Salient guns and had light primer strikes with all of them. Custom glocks are like a recipe to me...a pinch of this and a dab of that until you get something working well lol.

posted Hide Post
Dusty do you do the stippling yourself?

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Yes...I’m a-stipplin’ fool. I enjoy doing it.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice. I haven't gotten into uber custom Glocks, pretty much everything I do is OEM (-), smooth OEM Trigger, OEM extended slide stop/release, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Dusty,
Did you use the heat gun method to flatten out the back of the grips prior to stippling?
These look really well done... I'm about to take the plunge and do my 3rd gen 19...
Thanks.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain the night sight parts trick? Thanks.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Dusty,
Did you use the heat gun method to flatten out the back of the grips prior to stippling?
These look really well done... I'm about to take the plunge and do my 3rd gen 19...
Thanks.

Actually no. I dremmel off the checkering and then stipple. After sanding off material the hump is still there just less noticeable. This is a 17 I did previously.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Can someone explain the night sight parts trick? Thanks.

Pay Glock $67 for a set of factory night sights. Send the slide stripped. Get it back in a week or two with all new internals and a set of fresh night sights.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Normally, I absolutely hate stippling because most people butcher it but these look amazing. Great job.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
Normally, I absolutely hate stippling because most people butcher it but these look amazing. Great job.

Thank you