SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Turns out my refinished W. German P226 was a factory two tone after all
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turns out my refinished W. German P226 was a factory two tone after all Login/Join 
posted
Upon further inspection after purchase and compared to my 90' factory nickel P226, this 94' W. German slide must have been nickel plated originally then poorly refinished in some kind of silver (Underneath the slide and rails, the yellowish glint of nickel is very noticeable). Looks identical to the 90' Klein finish. Needless to say, I am "restoring" it back to OEM spec via Ford's refinishing, especially as it was unique to begin with. Love P226s!

20191014_221806 by m b, on Flickr

20191014_221800 by m b, on Flickr

20191014_221916 by m b, on Flickr

20191012_114445 by m b, on Flickr

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

The 90's "Factory Nickel" guns (Sigarms - Klein Plating) are beautiful. The "yellowish" color sets them apart easily from other satin nickel guns and more recent copycats. I have several and value them as a part of my collection.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
Congratulations!

The 90's "Factory Nickel" guns (Sigarms - Klein Plating) are beautiful. The "yellowish" color sets them apart easily from other satin nickel guns and more recent copycats. I have several and value them as a part of my collection.

The Klein guns are nice for sure, but there is nothing special about that "yellowish" tint to them. There plenty of refinishers who could do the Nickel plating, and the guns will look just like the Klein guns. You cannot use that yellow tint to distinguish anything.

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 15 | Registered: September 26, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please do not create multiple threads on one subject. There's no reason at all to do this.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...tType=1&u=2370041164

I should lock this thing but it already has responses.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, apologies if I am crowding the forum with similar threads.

That being said, it would make 0 sense to refinish a slide in nickel from blue (if it were not that originally), then refinish it sloppily in silver. But I guess weirder things have happened. It has no box or etc. I just found it interesting to uncover a different color underneath the silver- one wold expect dark metal if blued, no?

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not a matter of crowding. You're doing yourself and others a disservice by needlessly compartmentalizing posts on one subject about which you are disseminating/receiving information.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indreams84:
Upon further inspection after purchase and compared to my 90' factory nickel P226, this 94' W. German slide must have been nickel plated originally then poorly refinished in some kind of silver (Underneath the slide and rails, the yellowish glint of nickel is very noticeable). Looks identical to the 90' Klein finish. Needless to say, I am "restoring" it back to OEM spec via Ford's refinishing, especially as it was unique to begin with. Love P226s!

I just received my KF P220 slide back from Ford's, their work is outstanding.

When I bought the P220 I saw on the pics it had a small blemish on the slide near the muzzle, what I didn't know that it was covered with minor surface rust and the logos / additional serial # stamps were softened up or nearly gone after I cleaned it up. Ford's re-blued it & re-cut the logos / s#'s for me as I asked. 8 week turn-around, very happy with the work.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received my KF P220 slide back from Ford's, their work is outstanding.

When I bought the P220 I saw on the pics it had a small blemish on the slide near the muzzle, what I didn't know that it was covered with minor surface rust and the logos / additional serial # stamps were softened up or nearly gone after I cleaned it up. Ford's re-blued it & re-cut the logos / s#'s for me as I asked. 8 week turn-around, very happy with the work.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome- I hear they have a stellar reputation, especially with doing HK P7s and older German guns. I live in Tampa so it's not a bad distance for dropping off, I'll def show before and after shots.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you found something special! The two tones really appeal to me. The one Ihave is a 229, one of SIG's 2005 Gun of the Month series in reverse two tone.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
There plenty of refinishers who could do the Nickel plating, and the guns will look just like the Klein guns.

Would you mind suggesting a couple/few?

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post