Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig X5 Login/Join 
Picture of DamageInc
posted
So if Sig is closing shop in Deutschland, and the X5/X6 were made in De, does that mean the X5/X6 will no longer be made, or are they moving production to USA?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I did a search and found nothing.

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some say no more X5s/X6S, some think they may be produced elsewhere, but no one knows for certain. Anybody's guess at this point in time.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The question was asked to Sig Exeter folks at the Shot Show earlier this year. Their answer as to whether they had plans to produce the non-polymer X-series of pistols (e.g. X-Short, X5, X6) in the U.S. was “No”.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
The question was asked to Sig Exeter folks at the Shot Show earlier this year. Their answer as to whether they had plans to produce the non-polymer X-series of pistols (e.g. X-Short, X5, X6) in the U.S. was “No”.

I had a feeling that would be the answer. Frown

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if spare parts will be available, or do I have a really expensive paperweight when something vitals breaks or wears out? SIG SAUER Germany should be deeply ashamed for not informing their customers of the expensive X-Line guns and P210 Legend guns. We are totally left in the dark here in Europe.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for spares in Europe. But there have been no spares for some time here in the US>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedwobble:
I wonder if spare parts will be available, or do I have a really expensive paperweight when something vitals breaks or wears out? SIG SAUER Germany should be deeply ashamed for not informing their customers of the expensive X-Line guns and P210 Legend guns. We are totally left in the dark here in Europe.

I find this curious. What kind of “spare parts” are you talking?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, simple, internal parts. What’s so curious about that? Where do I get springs from? A worn out sear? Parts of the adjustable triggersystem? Please tell me that. There are many parts on a X-series that are unique.

posted Hide Post
Nothing more annoying than buying any gun--especially one that costs thousands--and then find one's self left high and dry when wear parts support ceases. It ultimately happens with all guns at some point. But it sucks royally nonetheless.

But this is SIG Sauer; it's not like they don't do this even in normal circumstances, without the need for extraordinary events like the shuttering of their German operations. They seem to relish in it. All one has to do is look at all of the recent dead and buried carcasses that SIG NH is responsible for. Dropping guns and then shortly thereafter support is SOP for them. Thinking about all of their dead-end guns that I actually OWN is rather appalling, now that I'm thinking about it thanks to this thread...Frown

I guess us X-Five and Mastershop owners just have to hope that Numrich has a German branch. Roll Eyes

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Maybe GGI will fill the void.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Maybe GGI will fill the void.

Highly doubt it.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
But....But....What about that lifetime warranty?

(Rhetorical question. I know the answer.)

Some spare parts are probably available from SIG dealers in Germany. You just have to hunt them down. And I wouldn't wait too long to do it.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, simple, internal parts. What’s so curious about that? Where do I get springs from? A worn out sear? Parts of the adjustable triggersystem? Please tell me that. There are many parts on a X-series that are unique.

Ah, this is a hate thread.

You guys enjoy.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Ah, this is a hate thread.
<snip>

I don’t see it that way.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s not a hate thread, it’s a frustration thread.

posted Hide Post
The recoil spring you could get from Top Gun Supply. If there are very specific unique parts then I am not sure.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domino:
The recoil spring you could get from Top Gun Supply. If there are very specific unique parts then I am not sure.

The X5/X6 spring is different from the standard P226 spring.
The X-Short spring is the same as the standard spring.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that it matters. But I ran an X-5L1 in competition for a few years. Lots of rounds. The parts needed where extractors (sig had them then and I think Bruce might still be able to help), recoil springs and a broken slide stop (had to get that outside the normal parts channels via importation from Europe). I stopped shooting them when the parts became a problem.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post