SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talk me into a 210 Target
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk me into a 210 Target Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StefanSalvadore:
Competition would not be the primary purpose. Neither gun has ergos that work for me. I shoot the X5 legion because it just fits me better. At most the P210/TSO would be a backup or used for handgun stages at PRS matches (which is rare anymore).

I’m looking at this from a range toy perspective. The advantage that the TSO has of being competitive is not a huge advantage for me because that’s not the primary purpose.

I’m mostly looking for a well built steel frame accurate handgun for target shooting. Not being able to compare them side by side, I’m wondering which has the better trigger and better accuracy?

Thank you for all the suggestions and apologies for not being clear in OP.

I think the TSO would have the better trigger, the 210A trigger stacks kind of weird. It is light, short and good, but it's a weird feeling. Both will have top notch accuracy and you're splitting hairs to find which one is more accurate.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Well then 12131 here’s for you and the OP to maybe help with your decision

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No need to show me the TSO pic. I have drooled on my computer screen plenty, already. Smile

As to the P210 trigger, there's nothing weird about it, if you understand that it's a 2-stage trigger.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Btw, some TSO owner please clear up something for me. Someone wrote elsewhere that its trigger is plastic. Is that true? I find it hard to believe that this fancy CZ sports a plastic trigger.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh wait a minute! It’s got orange grips??!!!!

Well, then you have to get the TSO. The orange grips prevent anyone from accusing it of being a mere range toy.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's a plastic trigger. It doesn't feel like it's going to break, but it is plastic and I'd swap it with a CZC Flat Trigger (like I did on my 75 SAO) or try an Armory Craft trigger.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I think the TSO would have the better trigger, the 210A trigger stacks kind of weird.

It doesn't "stack" at all, and it's not weird.

It's a clean, crisp, two-stage trigger. I had no problem with it right out of the gate. In fact the trigger is one thing, among many, that made me fall in love with the gun.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
I think the TSO would have the better trigger, the 210A trigger stacks kind of weird.

It doesn't "stack" at all, and it's not weird.

It's a clean, crisp, two-stage trigger. I had no problem with it right out of the gate. In fact the trigger is one thing, among many, that made me fall in love with the gun.

I have a 210A standard. Mine does, the trigger is good to very good nonetheless but it is not great. It pales in comparison to my CZ Custom CZ 75B stainless that I had them make SAO and 3.5lb trigger.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Re: Trigger stacking on P210A:
quote:
I have a 210A standard. Mine does, the trigger is good to very good nonetheless but it is not great.

How can you claim the trigger stacks and in the same sentence claim it's good to very good? The trigger on something like the P210A should be, if not flawless, then damn close to it. A trigger that stacks on something like the P210A isn't even acceptable, much less good, much less very good.

There should be a very short take-up, then movement with a degree of light resistance--which is the first stage. It should be constant and smooth throughout this stage. Then the "wall." At this point increased pressure should cause the trigger to break like the proverbial glass.

Discussion of the P210A's trigger: SIG P210A – trigger and sights

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Re: Trigger stacking on P210A:
quote:
I have a 210A standard. Mine does, the trigger is good to very good nonetheless but it is not great.

How can you claim the trigger stacks and in the same sentence claim it's good to very good? The trigger on something like the P210A should be, if not flawless, then damn close to it. A trigger that stacks on something like the P210A isn't even acceptable, much less good, much less very good.

There should be a very short take-up, then movement with a degree of light resistance--which is the first stage. It should be constant and smooth throughout this stage. Then the "wall." At this point increased pressure should cause the trigger to break like the proverbial glass.

Discussion of the P210A's trigger: SIG P210A – trigger and sights

I'm comparing my 210 to several quality guns..... a CZ75 done SAO by CZcustom, a WC and Ed Brown 1911's, etc. (I have many other guns).

The trigger is still very good, and better than most triggers. However, it is not close to any of the ones mentioned above. It has a somewhat squishy feel to me. I picked it up and played with it a few times tonight. I think it's because, there's a bit of take up, then the first stage is smooth albeit not ultra light maybe (3lbs), but at the same time a pretty good length of pull, then it breaks with just a tiny bit more effort than the first stage but it's a squishy short break, but the trigger curves as it comes back, so it feels strange as it rolls on the pad of my finger. It's not ultra-short by any means. I have a lot of SAO pistols. It is better than my BHP and stock CZ 75B SA, but not nearly as good as the WC, Brown, CZ custom 75B, or even my stock Browning buckmark. So all in all the trigger is not great as it has a strange feel to any other single action trigger I have. It's light enough, but kind of long (for a target pistol) and squishy is the best word I can describe for it. So I'd rate it good to very good......but nothing like a great SAO trigger nor is it as bad as my BHP.

For example if I handed you my czcustom cz 75 with your eyes closed and you pulled the trigger, you'd think it's a WC or Ed Brown, it's that short, that crisp, and that good.

posted Hide Post
I may be the lone dissenter here regarding the P-210 for competition. I use mine in 2 gun matches where the carbine is the primary. The 210's only drawback is the 8 round capacity and at least in this competition it is no disadvantage. I use the 210 standard version and it has been reliable and accurate in my hands.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the P210A Target, next to Shadow 2, TSO, and 2 Nighthawk 1911s.

The CZs were the tightest fit. Definitely felt handmade. The Nighthawk was tighter than the P210 but still a good way behind the CZs. The P210 had the heaviest trigger, but also the best break. Maybe one of the Nighthawks was as good.

The P210's slide was butter smooth. The CZ probably would have been had they not been so tight. I was not impressed with the smoothness of the Nighthawks.

The 1911s probably had best ergos for me, but none of them fit my hand as well as X5.

The Nighthawks were way out of my price range but it was good to test them for comparison.

I ended up still not being able to decide. I'm in Maryland so I can't buy for another month anyways.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post